• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour Getting Nervous

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour Getting Nervous

Labour just about manage to hold on to Heywood and Middleton by only 617 votes.

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Labour just about manage to hold on to Heywood and Middleton by only 617 votes.
    har har
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

At the GE they will just need to convince Tory voters that splitting the vote with UKIP will give the seat to Labour. Won't take too much to see a lot of Labour seats in the north of England go UKIP whilst SNP look to take 20 seats from Labour in Scotland.

Milliband is a disaster for Labour and they can't change him now as it's in their rules that the leadership can only be voted on at conference.

Comment

Scraped a win thanks to disaffected Lib Dem voters.

If the Libs ditch Nick Clegg as leader and comeback in the polls Labour are screwed.

I can see Miliband pitching an EU referendum. Might win back a few votes for him and put the Tories / UKIP on the back foot.

Comment

I wonder what the size of Labour's postal vote (fraud) was?

Labour are in denial, I saw the woman being interviewed last night, said she knew her patch well, ringing endorsement for Ed etc. Yet didn't know why people were voting UKIP in large numbers. She hadn't heard any concerns that would make her think UKIP would do well. Oh well it was only 40% of the voters she didn't hear, guess those 11k must have been out.

Something tells me she won't be an MP for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
            I wonder what the size of Labour's postal vote (fraud) was?

Labour are in denial, I saw the woman being interviewed last night, said she knew her patch well, ringing endorsement for Ed etc. Yet didn't know why people were voting UKIP in large numbers. She hadn't heard any concerns that would make her think UKIP would do well. Oh well it was only 40% of the voters she didn't hear, guess those 11k must have been out.

Something tells me she won't be an MP for very long.
            She sounded thick as sh*t on the radio this morning. For one thing, she was boasting that she'd beaten two Tory parties.

In which case it was lost on her that Tories got more votes than she did - and in a Labour stronghold, and in a by-election when Labour would normally expect to do well.

Comment

Very hard to predict what is going to happen now, so many extra variables, so many different campaign strategies for each party that could work.

An Ed Nick coalition gives me the full on fears. It is possible.

Comment

They're both as unpopular as feck. It could happen due to the mechanics of the FPP system, and if it does, hopefully it'll lead to its abolition.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                  They're both as unpopular as feck. It could happen due to the mechanics of the FPP system, and if it does, hopefully it'll lead to its abolition.
                  I was wondering if this could be a fallout of the ukip rise. Not sure what circumstances are needed though.

Comment

Both men are unpopular even within their own hated parties, so good luck to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X