• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

Well its Friday so what is everyone doing on their 2 days of leisure....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Flying to America and doing Obamas wife.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Flying to America and doing Obamas wife.
      Tipping off the TSA about an incoming nutter.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Spending £100,000,000.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight - put the kids to bed and then chill out with Mrs MUN. Maybe watch a film or something

Tomorrow - Mrs MUN is on an all day hen night thing. So will get up with the kids, play with them for a while and then take them somewhere. Maybe I will see if any of their friends fancy joining them in a soft play centre for a few hours. Then take them home, put on a Disney film, make dinner and put them to bed. After they are down will look at taking apart a maille coif and attaching it to my tournament helmet as an aventail. Might also attach my new splint legs to my padded leg armour.

Sunday - take the family to church and switch off for a couple of hours. Probably take the kids somewhere for a few hours. Fight practice in the evening where I will, hopefully, be able to showcase my posh new kit and hit people.

Are you doing much?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Tipping off the TSA about an incoming nutter.

Brillo isn't coming with me???
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
              Are you doing much?
              TFA

Today - possibly off to the pub but the mate I'm off with had ofsted earlier this week so probably not.
              Tomorrow - Supervising a bag pack in Marks and Spencer's tomorrow to raise money for the eek jr's overseas guide trip (if NI can be called overseas).
              Sunday - clearing out the garage so we can store more chocolate related items there. (in the upper cupboards).
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

TFA

Tonight: jazz concert or long leisurely dinner, not sure which
                Tomorrow: Wander around the gourmet market in the morning in Beaune, then head out to visit two vineyards and hopefully buy some wine
                Sunday: Driving down to Lyon, where we'll be spending the next few days
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Thanks for asking.

I don't want you lot getting jealous about my rock 'n' roll lifestyle but I hope to be painting my brand new shed.

If, as seems likely, it rains, then I will probably clean the house.

Roll on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Well thank you for asking

Having taken three days off sick this week it won't really feel like an earned two days of leisure, but it is a very exciting weekend in the Bacchus household as we go and do the second harvest in the "family" vineyard (divorced out of the family now, but stay involved).

Picked nearly six tonnes of madeline/seyval/rechsteiner last weekend which will make around six thousand bottles of very fine "vin ordinaire" that is sold principally through Waitrose, should be about three tonnes of Bacchus and three tonnes of Pinot which will make two slightly more special wines which are mainly for family and friends; it may have been a good enough year to make a red from the pinot, Sunday will tell, if not either a blended rose or two fine whites.

So much more to life than billing... when you've done a bit of billing anyway. Pity I don't drink more wine...love it but tend to drink beer! (because I'd drink wine at beer speeds and that wouldn't bode well...)

[edit] Yes, I'm named after a grape not a god of binge drinking...[/edit]

Comment

Working...
                    X