• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cliff Richard music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cliff Richard music

Vote now

If the Young Ones are anything to go by then it seems rather bad...
    Yes
    16.67%
    No
    61.11%
    Never heard it!
    22.22%

Speaking as a guitarist myself, Hank Marvin was (and is) great. He didn't get the valve distortion thing though.

Cliff is a man who didn't marturbate enough, if at all.

Comment

It's a tricky one. There are actually two Cliff Richards. The first was a hip young rockster who rose to fame in the late fifties/early sixties with catchy numbers like Summer Holiday, Livin' Doll and Young Ones. It is thought that an extraterrestrial encounter in Wimbledon in the mid Sixties resulted in the old Cliff being brutally terminated and a new alien Cliff being infiltrated into human society. Then I think he went underground in the Seventies, probably after releasing Devil Woman. After a period of inactivity the alien tuneless Cliff emerged to reel out a string of watery hits throughout the late Eighties up to the present day; such forgettable ditties as Mistletoe and Wine, Saviours Day, Millennium Prayer and Grief Never Grows Old.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Devil woman, Wired for sound.. quite good songs. That's about it though.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

My wife likes him. I even took her to one of his concerts a few years ago - that was a new record for brownie points in one day.

I don't think much of him now though, not since he started lending his Bajan house to the wanker.

Comment

When Cliff was backed by the shadows in the 50´s and early 60´s he was good. His early hit "move it" is a classic that bands still play. Mostly though he´s remembered for the boring crap he sung later on. If he´d been killed in a plane crash in 1961, when the only footage we had of him was playing Move it with greased back hair he would have been a legend.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 10 September 2006, 10:08.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Religious twat
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

im with you xog,

although i'd say weird religious twat
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Gay weird virgin religious twat?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Labour-luvvy gay weird virgin religious twat?

Comment

Working...
                    X