• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving Umbrella just before signing a contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving Umbrella just before signing a contract

Dear All,

newbie in contracting and struggling at beginning. Here is my 'story':

I got one day contract what in fact was a kick-off meeting with end client. The three month contract
    should had been signed in upcoming days. This one day contract had been verbally agreed with agency half day before its commencing so
    I promptly joined umbrella and visited end client site the other day. Employee contract was issued by umbrella after next day as
    well as the one day contract by agency. I was nearly proceeding all signed documents back to the umbrella + agency but another contract
    from another agency was offered to me just before I did it. Now I'm more likely to sign this new contract but problem is the agency
    doesn't want to collaborate with umbrella I joined few days ago so I have to join their preferred umbrella or go limited. I'll probably
    go limited but how could I end with the previous one day contract? Should I proceed signed employee contract to umbrella and right after
    that give them a notice? Or write off this contract (what is just few £) and don't proceed anything to anyone and just tell them I changed mind
    and will sign somewhere else?

Many thanks in advance.

HH

Hi and welcome

It is highly unlikely that the umbrella company will agree to engage with you for a one day contract so you would be better of billing for this day plus the new contract through the new umbrella company/Ltd Co.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
    X