• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guy Martin's Spitfire.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy Martin's Spitfire.

Very interesting.

However the Spitfire Mk I is rather like the sweeping brush.

The only original bit is the nail holding the brush to the handle.

He's got sweaty paws if he can expand those wing fixing bolts by 3/8 inch just by holding onto it.

Good effort though

Comment

lol, i was ebaying - sweaty paws nevertheless

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        It's not unusual to stick bolts like that in the fridge before fitting them.
        Or alternatively, leave to "soak" in liquid nitrogen, have a fag then drop them in, simples (unless they snag - in which batter nine bells out of them with a Thor mallet)

Comment

I have noted this chap's meteoric rise to prime time tv.

"what 'bout that", "oooh, that is great" etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I have noted this chap's meteoric rise to prime time tv.

"what 'bout that", "oooh, that is great" etc etc.
            Fred Dibnah with sex appeal.

I usually enjoy most things he does, his enthusiasm is infectious.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Fred Dibnah with sex appeal.

I usually enjoy most things he does, his enthusiasm is infectious.
              I was sat next to Tommy Hill at Snetterton last year, having lunch in the canteen. I overheard him chatting to some bike magazine guys suggesting that he was deliberately hamming it up for the TT3D film.

I reckon he's still lively in private, but it is show business I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                I was sat next to Tommy Hill at Snetterton last year, having lunch in the canteen. I overheard him chatting to some bike magazine guys suggesting that he was deliberately hamming it up for the TT3D film.

I reckon he's still lively in private, but it is show business I guess.
                oh I'm sure he does, but there is genuine love of the subject. He was like a little kid working on the steam engine.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sideburns.

Comment

Ooh yes I saw that. Good bit of telly and the work those chaps did was top class. (Impressed that they lined up the slots on the screws).

Comment

Working...
                    X