• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it too early...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it too early...

To have a massive paddy at the airport. Seat moved to a tulipty one in Economy and just had my 15 year old Swiss army knife confiscated as I accidently left it in my hand luggage. They measured the fricking blades. All passed accept the 'saw' which was 4mm too long. What do they think I'm going to do? Knock up a bookshelf and take over the ******* plane! :rant:

What next?!?!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To have a massive paddy at the airport. Seat moved to a tulipty one in Economy and just had my 15 year old Swiss army knife confiscated as I accidently left it in my hand luggage. They measured the fricking blades. All passed accept the 'saw' which was 4mm too long. What do they think I'm going to do? Knock up a bookshelf and take over the ******* plane! :rant:

What next?!?!
    A 6 hour plane ride with no swiss army knife - in economy class?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      A 6 hour plane ride with no swiss army knife - in economy class?
      11 hours. And no bloody champagne!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

11 hours. And no bloody champagne!!!
        What seat class had you booked???
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Hold.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Hold.

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Class? this is MF
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Class? this is MF
                So this is more likely to be a rant about not being allowed to take a knife on board (however non-lethal it may be) rather than a legitimate moan about having your set downgraded??

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

What next?!?!
                  That's some utility if you can get a bookshelf pregnant with it. Where can I get one?

Comment

So this is more likely to be a rant about not being allowed to take a knife on board (however non-lethal it may be) rather than a legitimate moan about having your set downgraded??
                    I assumed he felt he had a 'good' seat in economy before, and had been moved to a 'bad' seat in economy. Assuming he really is in an airport. Travelling to another country for a perm job.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X