• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else working this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else working this weekend?

They pay extra 20 pence an hour in Tesco's - every little helps!

Milan.

put it this way, I am in the office and the meter ir ticking

Milan.

Comment

Was going to, but I'm still a bit hung-over from last night.

I've done my normal morning chores of making sure over-night stuff run OK.
      I've ordered some bits to get a second PC working here.

I just can't face sitting here all day fixing up crap in the database. So I am going out. I think I am going to head into the City of London. Take a few pictures, grab a copy of the FT and head down to the river. If I get adventurous, I might even cross over to the dark side.
      Blair, you cannot reach me now,
      No matter how you try,
      Goodbye cruel Labour,
      Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

I am resting today from 11 days in a row of contract work, going to do little bits on SKA though - not programming though.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          I am resting today from 11 days in a row of contract work, going to do little bits on SKA though - not programming though.
          Not programming?

Don't tell me you're finally getting around to creating a business model

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Had a nice Saturday afternoon. No pictures because the battery was flat.

Nice walk through the City of London, over the wobberly bridge and up to London Bridge. Pint in the Horniman, which I haven't been in for years and it's still rubbish. They have a seafood and oyster show on (last day today). Nice bowl of paella to fill me up. Cracking class totty at Balls Bros.

Then back up through the City, through Spitalfields market to Brick lane. Had another pint in the Pride of Spitalfields then wandered up Brick Lane towards home. It is the start of Brick Lane festival today. I've got work to do otherwise I would be there. It's highly recomended.
            Last edited by CaribbeanPirate; 10 September 2006, 11:48.
            Blair, you cannot reach me now,
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

That would classify as a nice Sunday. I'm stuck at home watching Basil Brush and ripping CDs into iTunes.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

El Gordo is working today... sharpening his knives, briefing his acolytes, planning more taxes, making up more lies about how he loves the English really...

I hope blair calls a snap general election at the last minute just to feck up his plans. He might as well - most of his own party hate him anyway.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Surely it is not up to PM himself to call general election - perhaps cabinet vote is necessary? Though Brown would not want to be seen as trying to avoid the election.

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
                    Had a nice Saturday afternoon. No pictures because the battery was flat.

Nice walk through the City of London, over the wobberly bridge and up to London Bridge. Pint in the Horniman, which I haven't been in for years and it's still rubbish. They have a seafood and oyster show on (last day today). Nice bowl of paella to fill me up. Cracking class totty at Balls Bros.

Then back up through the City, through Spitalfields market to Brick lane. Had another pint in the Pride of Spitalfields then wandered up Brick Lane towards home. It is the start of Brick Lane festival today. I've got work to do otherwise I would be there. It's highly recomended.
                    Bethnal Green / Cayman Islands. Is Epping part of the Cayman Islands?
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X