• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you chronic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you chronic?

Surprised I made it past 30.

How many years is drinking, drugs and smoking shaving off YOUR life? | Daily Mail Online

How many years are your bad habits shaving off YOUR life? Terrifying graphic reveals how one cigarette cuts 14 minutes, while an alcoholic drink could cost almost 7 hours
    New website has calculated the cost of an addiction in years and hours
    Smoking a pack of 20 cigarettes a day cuts ten years off a person's life
    Drinking two or more alcoholic drinks every day cuts 23 years off a life
    Cocaine addicts lose up to 34 years, with each dose costing 5.6 hours
    Methadone users cut their lives by 38 years, and die at an average age of 41
    A heroin addiction will cut 42 years off a person's life, killing them at age 38
    Lifetime methamphetamine users lose 42 years, each dose costing 11 hours
    graphics are fun, nanny says
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Read doodab's thread from the beginning, that'll put some real life perspective on it...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I went through that list and according to that bollocks I died 173 years ago!
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I would say those numbers are complete guess work.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Surprised I made it past 30.
          Doing L2B will add 30 years to your life. :-)

Comment

The graphic that shows how they calculate the numbers shows it's complete bollocks.

By the same logic, if I drive my car at 150mph to work every day I'll likely die by the time I'm 40 - so if I go out for a spin tonight at 150 mph I'll lose 15 years.

Comment

I like how the infographics totally miss the point of info graphics too If you have to caption each image on the graphic then you might as well have just listed them as bullet points.

Comment

The article is bollox and I don't need to look at it. It's probably aimed at the American market where if you drink 2 beers you are an alcoholic.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X