• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear : the Home Office is at it again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear : the Home Office is at it again....

"Up to 80,000 bogus asylum seekers have been granted an 'amnesty' to live in Britain, it has emerged night.

They have been in the UK for so long the Government has decided not to even bother considering their claims.

It is the last shocking indictment of Home Office incompetence.

Officials had lost track of up to 30,000 of the claimants, or did not even know they were here in the first place."

"Equally alarming is the Government's woeful underestimate of who may be eligible. It follows revelations of up to 450,000 asylum claims sitting in boxes, waiting to be dealt with."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
    Vieze Oude Man

Mcquigg,

without a doubt, that is a classical example of an Oh Dear !

Milan.

Comment

A double whammy.....

"Muslim groups infiltrated by 7/7 bombers had huge govt grants"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Thank allah that the daily mail is keeping on eye on these bloody fuzzy-wuzzies..

They don't like it up 'em you know!
      Last edited by mcquiggd; 9 September 2006, 13:03.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

It may not be worth trying to track them down but blanket amnesties are insane. Does that not mean that if any turn out to be major criminals we can't get rid of them?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Possibly... they have been given the right to stay here indefinitely, get jobs, have kids, invite their relatives over, and then apply for the whole lot to become british citizens. Even though the Home Office has no idea who they are, where they are, what they are here for, or whether that is an arse, or an elbow.

I think one of the comments on that article sums it up quite succintly -

"The United Kingdom is now running without a Government."
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

look lads, have a think about it

you really must try to see the bigger picture

this is all for your benefit yet you don't see it

think house prices

people are needed to stimulate the house prices

and the only way to get more people is to open the doors
            to the country

the more who come, the more demand on houses, the higher
            the house prices go, the more your houses are worth, the
            more equity you can unlock from your home, the more you can
            spend on the high street, the newer cars you can buy

you lot are sorteeeed, money for old rope

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
              It may not be worth trying to track them down but blanket amnesties are insane. Does that not mean that if any turn out to be major criminals we can't get rid of them?

Well, the TV licensing will track you down no matter how much it costs. Same for council tax. If you dont pay your mobile phone bill on time, and you move house, they will find you.

So, why not employ TV licensing, DVLA or bloody debt collectors or similar to find them...? The Home Office and IND employs thousands of people who seem to do nothing. A lot of them seem to be immigrants themselves - the asylum seekers taking over the asylum.

It seems that even the ones who take the £3,000 to return home are allowed back in, stay for a few years, then get another £3,000 to go away, then repeat....
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

And I am not contracting - I am a temporary permie gaining all my nice new finance / investment banking experience and .Net 2 certs. Maybe next April....
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

increasing the population artificially to stimulate house prices, I would say on balance most people would agree with this given the option of falling house prices, negative equity and considering that very few people have adequate pension provision

what do you think ?

this really is the bigger picture, like it or not, I do not know anybody non-contracting who has any chance of making adequate pension provision, their only chance is the value of their home and down sizing in the future - this must count for a lot of the population

I dread to think what the situation will be like for my generation in 25 years time in the UK

Milan.

Comment

Compare and contrast....

The BBCs 'Have your say'...

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...215&#paginator

And the BBCs subsequent coverage about 'how people feel'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...go0/html/1.stm

I think the IND should visit the BBC offices - I would imagine they would find quite a few illegals that need those 'indefinite leave to do whatever you want and import a family, as long as they vote labour' documents.

I doubt my 'comment' will be posted by the BBC....

"
                    Why is it that you bother to have a 'Have Your Say' section?

Compare and contrast:

newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&threadID=3653&edition=1&ttl=2 0060909163215&#paginator

the 'Have Your Say Forums' with many comments..

With the official 'BBC' take on what people think...

news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/uk_should_blair_stay_or_go0/html/1.stm

Out of synch, out of touch. Still financed by the people you mislead.
                    "
                    Last edited by mcquiggd; 9 September 2006, 15:48.
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X