• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax Limited Time Exclusive Mortgage Offers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halifax Limited Time Exclusive Mortgage Offers

I know a few of you may have mortgage applications going through with Halifax at the moment so thought I would share this information with you.

This may also appeal to those whoa re considering buying at the moment too.

If you already have an application with Halifax going through at the moment, one of the great things with them is that from the point of submitting an application and securing the rate you have been recommended originally right up until the Solicitor requested the funds from Halifax, you can change the rate without incurring any cost.

On Friday Halifax released some limited time only exclusive rates as follows with a large nod to the first two which are massively reduced from their normal range:

First time buyers:

2.99% 2 Year 90% Purchase Fixed with no arrangement fee - to put this into perspective, the best rate they had with a 10% deposit prior to this was circa 4% so they have dropped the rate by a whole 1%!! Sadly it is only available to first time buyers only and at such a low rate, I'd secure it as quickly as possible as I do not foresee this being around very long.

2.99% 2 Year 90% Purchase Fixed with £999 arrangement fee and £1,000 cashback - again first time buyers only

Home movers (not first time buyers):

2.59% 2 Year 80% Purchase Fixed with £999 arrangement fee

4.19% 2 Year 90% Purchase Fixed with £999 fee and £500 cashback

Home movers & First time buyers:

2.00% 2 Year 60% Purchase Fixed £999 arrangement fee

Remortgages:

2.29% 2 Year 75% Remortgage Fixed no arrangement fee

2.69% 2 Year 85% Remortgage Fixed no arrangement fee

2.59% 2 Year 80% Remortgage Fixed £999 arrangement fee

2.00% 2 Year 60% Remortgage Fixed £999 fee and £250 cashback

The first two mortgages are phenominal. To put those rates into perspective when I checked the best 2 year fixed rate the other day with a 10% deposit at that point Coventry were top of the list with a rate of 3.65% with a fee of around £345. The Halifax 2.99% rate has no fee or you can opt to pay a £999 fee which can either be added to the loan or paid upfront and get £1,000 cashback.

I appreciate some of the above rates may be beaten by other lenders but if you are limited in choice to a contractor friendly lender and or you have an application already in with Halifax it may be worth checking to see if you can switch over to the relevant rates.

Hope that helps!

Just an FYI for anyone in the process now:

Fixed-rate mortgages to fall further in wake of stock market turmoil | Money | theguardian.com

Comment

We are on the precipice of a housing crash so I expect some rather intriguing lock-ins offers will be coming out soon!
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Power Mortgages Ltd View Post
        On Friday Halifax released some limited time only exclusive rates as follows with a large nod to the first two which are massively reduced from their normal range:
        What's the 'exclusive' element you're referring to? Applications via Power Mortgages? Or rates not available via any other group brands? Or summat else?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          What's the 'exclusive' element you're referring to? Applications via Power Mortgages? Or rates not available via any other group brands? Or summat else?
          I've just plumped for the 2.29 remortgage and not via Power Mortgages.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm almost tempted to get a mortgage.

One thing I've wondered -

Our mortgage is paid off. If I wanted to, for example, buy a flat for one of the kids to live in, or possibly to rent out, is it feasible to take out a mortgage against our house, or would they want to know what I intend to spend the money on?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Our mortgage is paid off. If I wanted to, for example, buy a flat for one of the kids to live in, or possibly to rent out, is it feasible to take out a mortgage against our house, or would they want to know what I intend to spend the money on?
              Ask but its perfectly possible to offset the interest on the property that is not the one you are letting against BTL income.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Why not just wait a year or two more, give the kids your house and you move in to assisted living or a small granny flat?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Any decent buy to let mortgages out there at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    It is available via a select number of mortgage brokers and mortgage networks/clubs. You wont find these offers in branch for example.

Comment

Working...
                    X