• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Blessed decks the Doctor.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian Blessed decks the Doctor.

Well, almost.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/brian-blesse...103851130.html

He wasn't actually the Doctor at the time.

That doesn't work any more, try this:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-...-peter-capaldi

Oh Dear (tm), please forgive me, I was unaware you couldn't watch it.

In summary, it's Brian Blessed relating how he decked Capaldi during the filming of some series or other back in the day.

Pre Doctor Who.

Happy now?

And here's a quote just especially for you, you ****:

“I was in The History of Tom Jones, the BBC serial, as wild squire Mr Western,” Blessed boomed. “He’s a great character lead, who loves Tom Jones and fights everybody.

“Peter Capaldi played a fop with a sword, and at the end of the series I shoot him. He says to me, ‘Now, I have you. Take out your sword, sir.’

And I just take out my gun and shoot him like Indiana Jones!

“But,” and now it’s our turn to lean in, “prior to that there’s a scene in which he challenges me and hits me across the face with a glove.

My character is meant to turn round, give him a left hook and flatten him.

“We thought we’d done the shot from all angles, but they said they’d do one more.

This time I threw the punch, and – oh – I pulled it! For no reason Peter Capaldi had put his face forward, and I caught him in the face!

“He went flat on his back, his legs went up in the air, his arms went up, and I thought, ‘He’s in the death rattle!’ I shouted, ‘He’s down! I think he’s dying!’

“They quickly got an ambulance and took him to hospital, but they wouldn’t attend him for a while because they thought he was in drag! He was still dressed as a fop with a beauty spot.

“He was alright, but he did had a cut above his eye. They brought him round and he didn’t have brain damage or anything like that. I felt so embarrassed, but it was his fault I promise you.

“After about three days he phoned from the hospital.”

At this point Blessed puts on a faint Scottish accent: “‘Hello, it’s Peter here. I know you feel embarrassed Brian, it was my fault.’
    Last edited by zeitghost; 7 June 2017, 07:44.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    He wasn't actually the Doctor at the time.
    How can you be sure?

Comment

I do wish people would not link to content that some of us are unable to view without providing some kind of summary of that content.

Mind you, if it's anything to do with Dr Who (and I suspect it is), don't take any time to update your post on my behalf. I get enough of children's tv with my 2 nephews staying with us at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Oh Dear (tm), please forgive me, I was unaware you couldn't watch it.

In summary, it's Brian Blessed relating how he decked Capaldi during the filming of some series or other back in the day.

Pre Doctor Who.

Happy now?
        Yes, I am prepared to forgive you on this occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
          I do wish people would not link to content that some of us are unable to view without providing some kind of summary of that content.

Mind you, if it's anything to do with Dr Who (and I suspect it is), don't take any time to update your post on my behalf. I get enough of children's tv with my 2 nephews staying with us at the moment.
          How the f*** is he supposed to know that you can't view it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            How the f*** is he supposed to know that you can't view it?
            Don't worry about it.

You folks shillin' all the time at bods for no reason.

Y'all need a check up from the neck up!

Comment

Anyone capable of translating that into English?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Anyone capable of translating that into English?
                Don't worry about it.

I say you chaps, you are all jolly nasty to poor unfortunates that have not provided any possible reason for such beastly behaviour.
                In my opinion, you chaps are likely to have a mental health issue and really should book an appointment with a mental health practitioner as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                  I say you chaps, you are all jolly nasty to poor unfortunates that have not provided any possible reason for such beastly behaviour.
                  In my opinion, you chaps are likely to have a mental health issue and really should book an appointment with a mental health practitioner as soon as possible.
                  Thanks.

Not much clearer as I don't understand his comment, but at least it's in words that make sense more or less

It's clear he made a dumb comment to start off with then just compounded it and had it pointed out he was a pillock.

Comment

Working...
                  X