• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract of the day

Hi Cheeseslice,

I wanted to see if you’re currently available for work? I am recruiting on behalf of the NHS, based in Headington, for a contract Server Support Consultant. This would be initially a 3 month contract with plenty of opportunities to become a ‘rolling’ type ongoing contract.

The LTD pay rate is £16.11p/h and the interview date is set for Thursday October 23rd with a start date shortly after that.

I have detailed a brief job spec below:

The post holder will be based within the Server Team to primarily work on 2nd and 3rd line server related support call. We are seeking an experienced server systems analyst, who will need good working knowledge and skills in a number of the following areas:

Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012; Sophos Antivirus; Symantec Backup Exec/Microsoft DPM; Exchange 2007/2010; VMware; HyperV; Citrix; Terminal Server/RDS; VDI; SQL; Active Directory; System Center 2007/2012, EMC NAS; Dell/EMC SAN, rack optimised server H/W (principally Dell); Imprivata SSO and general server environment/fabric management skills.

The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and will be experienced and technically competent in server technologies; and will be someone who always strives to deliver the highest the standards of quality and productivity. Experience of working in a large and complex IT support environment would be very desirable.

Please contact me ASAP via email or on 01234-567890 to discuss this opportunity further. Alternatively if you know someone else who might be interested, please pass on my details.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Ben Dover
    Recruitment Consultant

I just went on JS, ticked the box for "Visa Sponsorship" and left the rest blank. It came up with this. How the F*** can they get a visa for this?

3rd Line Support Engineer
    Chester, Cheshire

Permanent
    Posted: Monday, 13 October 2014

Applicants who require a work visa welcomed

Search Manchester IT

Search Consultancy are currently looking to recruit a 3rd Line Support Engineer for a rapidly growing solutions company in Chester.

The 3rd Line Support Engineer will have experience of the following;

Experience of MS Server 2003, 2008, MS Exchange, Virtual Servers, Esxi, VSphere, VMware etc
    Active Directory, Networking experience, Cisco, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS & VPN
    Proven experience of working as an end resolution point with technical BAU support role previously, whilst also demonstrating experience in technical Projects
    Experience of handling Citrix projects would be advantageous

The 3rd Line Support Engineer will be responsible for;

Troubleshooting, fault resolution, ongoing maintenance and new installation of email services including Domains, Trusts, Active Directory, Security, DHCP and DNS etc.

Chester, Cheshire, UK

Industry

Employment Agency

Search Manchester IT

Contact

Sophie Halpin

Web Link

Job Search & Recruitment Agency | Search Consultancy

Reference

JS-REQ/306192

Posted Date

13/10/2014 17:52:53

3rd Line Support Engineer - Chester Cheshire - October-13-2014 (DkVeS)
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      Hi Cheeseslice,

I wanted to see if you’re currently available for work? I am recruiting on behalf of the NHS, based in Headington, for a contract Server Support Consultant. This would be initially a 3 month contract with plenty of opportunities to become a ‘rolling’ type ongoing contract.

The LTD pay rate is £16.11p/h and the interview date is set for Thursday October 23rd with a start date shortly after that.

I have detailed a brief job spec below:

The post holder will be based within the Server Team to primarily work on 2nd and 3rd line server related support call. We are seeking an experienced server systems analyst, who will need good working knowledge and skills in a number of the following areas:

Microsoft Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012; Sophos Antivirus; Symantec Backup Exec/Microsoft DPM; Exchange 2007/2010; VMware; HyperV; Citrix; Terminal Server/RDS; VDI; SQL; Active Directory; System Center 2007/2012, EMC NAS; Dell/EMC SAN, rack optimised server H/W (principally Dell); Imprivata SSO and general server environment/fabric management skills.

The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and will be experienced and technically competent in server technologies; and will be someone who always strives to deliver the highest the standards of quality and productivity. Experience of working in a large and complex IT support environment would be very desirable.

Please contact me ASAP via email or on 01234-567890 to discuss this opportunity further. Alternatively if you know someone else who might be interested, please pass on my details.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Ben Dover
      Recruitment Consultant
      NHS for you. I did a gig for not a huge amount more than this a while back. Glad I did - it was better than the bench and at least it paid the bills for a few monts.

Nice place to work, no hassles etc but the rate.

The manager there was pulling his hair out - just cant get people.
      He said upper management just take a permie salary, add 10-20% on and divide this by however many days in a year to come up with the day rate.

Trouble is they think everyone wants to do this for a few months with the view to going permie on £25-£30K salary and they dont understand how it works.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Trouble is they think everyone wants to do this for a few months with the view to going permie on £25-£30K salary and they dont understand how it works.
        Maybe some people do? Not everyone wants to be a contractor who works as one, support work especially fits the "temp job" profile.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I just went on JS, ticked the box for "Visa Sponsorship" and left the rest blank. It came up with this. How the F*** can they get a visa for this?
          Because they are probably paying 25k for a mile long list of requirements/skills and noone locally with half a brain will touch it so they have to import

Comment

Working...
          X