• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Matrix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Matrix

Just sat here watching The Matrix Revolutions on TCM HD and actually don't think it's too bad compared to when I first watched it 11 years ago. THAT'S RIGHT...11 years ago. Man I feel old!!

Plenty of guns, explosions and randomness

Originally posted by CheekyStarfish View Post
    Just sat here watching The Matrix Revolutions on TCM HD and actually don't think it's too bad compared to when I first watched it 11 years ago. THAT'S RIGHT...11 years ago. Man I feel old!!

Plenty of guns, explosions and randomness
    Did you think it was tulipe 11 years ago and you have reappraised it after watching again?
    or
    Did you think it was great 11 years ago and think it has stood the test of time?

Inquiring minds need to konw!

Comment

As my kids grew up, I got them watching the films I enjoyed. So Alien series, Blade Runner, Terminator series, Matrix series etc. Now they understand many of the references that are in popular culture.

Matrix we did last year. For me it stood the test of time (as did the others). Also it was clear that the second and third films work, but only if you view them close together.

They haven't seen the Thing though. For that I just showed them the Pingu version.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Why ever not?
        Because it's unnecessary

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The Matrix and Blade were both defining films for me. I think both have stood the test of time, except for the special effects at the end of Blade.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I agree. They have stood the test of time. The CGI is a bit naff in The Matrix Revolution but it did wrap up the trilogy quite well. I did watch them all on successive nights and would also agree it makes more sense when you do watch them in a row.

Blade was a good movie too but not sure about the follow ups! It also reminds me how much of a tax cheat ole Wesley is 😳

Comment

Originally posted by CheekyStarfish View Post

Blade was a good movie too but not sure about the follow ups! It also reminds me how much of a tax cheat ole Wesley is 😳
              Not a well known fact but ol' Wesley used to be a Muslim:

Snipes, who was raised a Christian, converted to Islam in 1978, but left Islam in 1988. During a 1991 interview, Snipes said "Islam made me more conscious of what African people have accomplished, of my self-worth, and gave me some self-dignity"
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Islam made me more conscious of what African people have accomplished,
                Wasn't that a contender for the worlds smallest book?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Not a well known fact but ol' Wesley used to be a Muslim:
                  Is that a euphemism for tax evader?

Just asking, like.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Is that a euphemism for tax evader?

Just asking, like.
                    Nah, even Sharia law says you have to pay your taxes unless you set up an offshore company and funnel your funds through a tax haven...

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

It is the duty of Muslims, especially those living in Western countries to reflect the true image of Islam and commit themselves to the proper Islamic manners both in theory and practice. Indeed, concealing one’s income to evade paying taxes is a prohibited act for a Muslim. It is a kind of lying which is totally prohibited in Islam. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said, “The hypocrite has three characteristics: he tells lies, breaks his promise and breaches the trust.”
                    However I presume a Muslim person could argue that their taxes are going to be used for something that goes against their religion and refuse to pay them...

Lying is absolutely forbidden in Islam, and hence it is not allowed for a Muslim to conceal anything related to one's income when it comes to paying taxes.

Thus, if a Muslim lives in a foreign country, it is incumbent upon him/her to abide by the laws of that country so long as they do not contradict the Laws of Allah. If there is such a contradiction, no one should be obeyed at the expense of disobeying Allah.

We should bear in mind that income taxes bring about benefit to society, as they may be spent on different legitimate ways such as refugees, the needy, or infrastructure, etc. Moreover, the normal relationship between man and the state is governed by a certain code to which man should stick unless it includes a flagrant contradiction or violation of Allah's Law.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X