• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Job explosion!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Job explosion!

IT job growth is the highest it's ever been. But you'll have to be here in San Francisco because its the only place hiring.

Here the Bobs are in demand and there isn't enough local skills. Come a down turn and these guys will be all over the rest of the world.

I went to an IT offsite earlier and out of 150 people I would have said 130 are from India. Time to get out of contracting people, you ain't competing!

If Silicon Valley Were a State, It Would Be #1 in Job Growth
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Try not to alienate the candidates though. Then you give the business a bad reputation and no one wants to work for you.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Who will set up ContractorSF ?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        IT job growth is the highest it's ever been. But you'll have to be here in San Francisco because its the only place hiring.

Here the Bobs are in demand and there isn't enough local skills. Come a down turn and these guys will be all over the rest of the world.

I went to an IT offsite earlier and out of 150 people I would have said 130 are from India. Time to get out of contracting people, you ain't competing!

If Silicon Valley Were a State, It Would Be #1 in Job Growth
        Come a downturn in SF? I'll have to double check with people I know who live there but I don't remember there being much of a downturn there in 2001 or 2008 so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

You have to remember that Silicon Valley is another world. I don't believe any of the English people I know who work there are ever likely to return to the UK let alone Indians..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I got a call on Wednesday about remote working for a Silicon Valley company. Go over for a couple of weeks, then work remotely. If it's still not filled by December I might take them up on it. Forgot to ask the rate though...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Unlike in the Wharf, the IT jobs in Frisco are real. The mobile <--> cloud link works perfectly over there, while here anybody with a bit of Excel skills is a programmer.
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Candidates try and turn up for interviews though. Then you give the yourself a bad reputation and no one wants to hire you.

HTH
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                IT job growth is the highest it's ever been. But you'll have to be here in San Francisco because its the only place hiring.[/url]
                how many are you having to hire to tidy up after you?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  how many are you having to hire to tidy up after you?
                  Another 5! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Come a downturn in SF? I'll have to double check with people I know who live there but I don't remember there being much of a downturn there in 2001 or 2008 so I don't think we have anything to worry about.
                    I was out there in 2003 working for a technology corp. and was reliably informed that some 250,000 Indians had returned home as a result of the downturn.
                    (I'd go back to Cali in a shot if I got the chance.)

Comment

Working...
                    X