• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My partner
    57.14%
    AndyW is doing my partner
    42.86%

TBC

If there was a 'winking alone in my bedsit' option, i'd have gone for that.

I am indulging myself in the hope that the new bike lights I ordered from eBay will arrive either today or tomorrow to help me navigate the former railway/cycle path home. It's unlit, has tunnels and most of the leaves in west yorskshire scattered over it.

Comment

TMFA

Tonight - going to look at the new house again
      Tomorrow - tip runs, clearing all the hoarded junk out so moving will be easier. Showing purchaser round house. Babysitting for mine and one of our friends, she is then going to make me us a curry to say thanks.
      Sunday - more tidying up, lamb roast.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Saturday - Food shopping, visiting GMIL, and other household odds ands sods.
        Sunday - Trent Valley 100 Sportive, as long as the weather isn't diabolical.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

At the risk of dovetailing this thread with the topic of IR35 I just found out from a rather fraught PM that he needs me to work this weekend. He knew weeks ago but it seems it slipped his mind.

Comment

Thanks for asking.

Tonight its football then collecting youngest from guides.
            Tomorrow yet another university visit with the eldest and hopefully a nice meal out.
            Sunday will be a tip run as I have a loads of stuff in the garden that go damaged with high winds on Monday.
            I also think we are going shopping on Sunday.

I would like to have a drink with Mrs 5* but I'm off the booze for October.

What about your good self ?

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
              At the risk of dovetailing this thread with the topic of IR35 I just found out from a rather fraught PM that he needs me to work this weekend. He knew weeks ago but it seems it slipped his mind.
              you just realised your weekend rate is 3* your normal one?
              Last edited by vetran; 17 October 2014, 08:39.

Comment

Working.

At normal rate.

But since I've been saying for two years now "this really needs sorting", I feel I can hardly turn round and say "I'm not actually going to be the one to sort it, though".
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Working.

At normal rate.

But since I've been saying for two years now "this really needs sorting", I feel I can hardly turn round and say "I'm not actually going to be the one to sort it, though".
                  always nice when you knock one of those off. The day looks brighter every time you walk in the office.

Comment

Tonight flying home. Might get some plan B time at the airport.
                    Tomorrow morning, bike ride followed by Plan B work 8-12.
                    Then spend time with the family
                    Sunday eating something other than low fat cottage cheese and muesli.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X