• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Three minutes and counting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three minutes and counting

That's how long I've managed to put the agent on hold for.

I wonder when he will realise and hang up.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's how long I've managed to put the agent on hold for.

I wonder when he will realise and hang up.
    Did he do something wrong or is he just trying to get you a gig?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      He knows I'm not interested and am in contract for another three months. And yet, he keeps ringing with new opportunities which generally bear no relevance to my skill set. At least this time, he emailed a copy of the advert as text, whereas he usually emails a screenshot of the advert so I have to download the jpg to see that I have no skills and no interest.

Anyway, it was only 5 minutes before he hung up.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Knowing agents, almost certainly the former.

Comment

Well, on my way home last night I had a 'Senior Consultant' from Capital Vinters spend nearly an hour blathering away, trying to sell me Fine Wine investments. As I was only an hour or so into a four hour drive at the time he called I was happy to take this mild entertainment.

I made it clear within the first 5 minutes that I had more profitable uses for my money, but it was interesting to hear his 'Boiler Room' pitch. He just wouldn't let go...

Comment

Working...
          X