PDA

View Full Version : Help needed about going contracting

bignobbyfromupnorth
26th May 2005, 12:58
I'm thinking of going contracting, and a pal has warned me about IR635. Is there such a thing?

Trouble is, he's a bit of a bullsh1tter and says he knows nowt else about it, so I'm of a mind to ignore him but I just want to make sure.

By the way, I can 't find it in google - unless he means the German infantry regiment, but I'm not going to Germany.

Ta for any help.

Mordac
26th May 2005, 13:01
Try "IR35".

You're not from Hull and living in Barnsley by any chance?

sasguru
26th May 2005, 13:03
IR635 is the newbie contrcators nightmare. It consists of paying what we know as "Newbie tax". i.e. 50% of your income for the first year after tax effectively taxing at 65%.
Barstards!. Dont forget IR234 either!

I would stay permie if I were you. You get that warm feeling from being protected in the company bosom.

Ivor bigun
26th May 2005, 13:10
I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.

SupremeSpod
27th May 2005, 06:59
I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.

Yup, that layby on the A63!

bignobbyfromupnorth
27th May 2005, 09:02
Thanks for the information. It'll be IR35 he was on about. Just one more question - is it all right to stick an electric toothbrush up your jacksey?

xoggoth
27th May 2005, 09:07
You can but the effect is very mild and really only for children and beginners. I would recommend the Kenwood 387S food mixer with meat shredding attachments. 0.3kW motor. A real man's Jacksie stirrer.