• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help needed about going contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed about going contracting

I'm thinking of going contracting, and a pal has warned me about IR635. Is there such a thing?

Trouble is, he's a bit of a bullsh1tter and says he knows nowt else about it, so I'm of a mind to ignore him but I just want to make sure.

By the way, I can 't find it in google - unless he means the German infantry regiment, but I'm not going to Germany.

Ta for any help.

Try "IR35".

You're not from Hull and living in Barnsley by any chance?

Comment

IR635 is the newbie contrcators nightmare. It consists of paying what we know as "Newbie tax". i.e. 50% of your income for the first year after tax effectively taxing at 65%.
      Barstards!. Dont forget IR234 either!

I would stay permie if I were you. You get that warm feeling from being protected in the company bosom.

Comment

Complain to your MP

I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.

Comment

Re: Complain to your MP

I blame it on the water in Hull - Especially where it runs under the bridge - you know where the troll lives.
          Yup, that layby on the A63!

Comment

Thanks for the information. It'll be IR35 he was on about. Just one more question - is it all right to stick an electric toothbrush up your jacksey?

Comment

You can but the effect is very mild and really only for children and beginners. I would recommend the Kenwood 387S food mixer with meat shredding attachments. 0.3kW motor. A real man's Jacksie stirrer.

Comment

Working...
              X