• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Houses in Kent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houses in Kent

I know that the housing market is doomed as I know that the UK is doomed and so all its inhabitants. But thinking of all the trains that they are trying to build for the olympics 2012 in Kent going to Stratford or Central London, wouldn't Kent be a good area to invest now?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

No. Next ....
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      No. Next ....
      No, we are not doomed? I thought we all agreed on this.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

You are doomed. I am not - I am mortgage free. And no Kent is not a good place to buy.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          You are doomed. I am not - I am mortgage free. And no Kent is not a good place to buy.
          Are you trying to be serious for once in your life? Do you have any idea of how many trains they are planning to build by 2010-2012? And the prices there are still fairly low, well a lot lower than in the south west.

p.s. I am a mortgage free too on one flat but then, the more the better.

Comment

oh dear Francko

he he, this is funny this is like, The Francko Show

Francko...

left contracting to go permy in the UK to be with the woman he loved

bun in the oven

now looking for somewhere with a garden - to buy...

unfortunately, the bank account only stretches to something in deepest darkest Kent - time must be hard - welcome to the real world

good luck

Milan.

Comment

A harsh but fair analysis Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Are you trying to be serious for once in your life? Do you have any idea of how many trains they are planning to build by 2010-2012? And the prices there are still fairly low, well a lot lower than in the south west.

p.s. I am a mortgage free too on one flat but then, the more the better.
                Why don't you sell your one-bed and buy a place in Italy? If I were you that's the option I would be looking at.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Francko - you are trying to speculate on property bubble, this is really unwise to do so when there are so many TV programs on how to buy "cheap" house, renovate it and sell with profit.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
                    unfortunately, the bank account only stretches to something in deepest darkest Kent - time must be hard - welcome to the real world

good luck

Milan.
                    I didn't say I want to live in Kent. I just said it should be a good area to invest. All the best areas are the ones where people don't want to go but that in the near future are going through a regeneration program, think about Brixton, Balham, Stratford, soon Elephant & Castle, etc. etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X