• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Au Pairs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Au Pairs

Is the 5th paragraph refering to someone on here (or at least used to be): Au pairs on a pittance: the young women minding kids for £2 an hour | Money | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

OT - I met a girl at uni - took her cherry which meant she wanted a deep relationship but all I wanted was a regular bonk - we stayed together on and off for a few years, after which our ways parted and she went au pairing in the USA, she bonked the husband of the family she was staying with (apparently it was pretty much what all the English au pairs were doing) ended up marrying some guy out there but eventually divorced him for wanting to do some weird tulip ( she wouldn't elaborate) and now lives in Hawaii & I still get an occasional email from her - anyway I don't understand why young wimmin would want to sign up for looking after someone else's kids rather than doing say bar work
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

A corker.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        I don't understand why young wimmin would want to sign up for looking after someone else's kids rather than doing say bar work
        I believe it used to be girls from middle class families seeking exposure to foreign cultures for a year or so pre or post uni or as part of their "education", that was certainly a part of it. I'm sure some saw it as a route to meeting a husband from a well off family when it was popular in the '70's.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          I'm sure some saw it as a route to meeting a husband from a well off family when it was popular in the '70's.
          How very dare you! t'was in the 80's y'know
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

OT - I met a girl at uni - took her cherry which meant she wanted a deep relationship but all I wanted was a regular bonk - we stayed together on and off for a few years, after which our ways parted and she went au pairing in the USA, she bonked the husband of the family she was staying with (apparently it was pretty much what all the English au pairs were doing) ended up marrying some guy out there but eventually divorced him for wanting to do some weird tulip ( she wouldn't elaborate) and now lives in Hawaii & I still get an occasional email from her - anyway I don't understand why young wimmin would want to sign up for looking after someone else's kids rather than doing say bar work
            Sounds like her life worked out quite well. And all she had to do was have sex with a series of disgusting perverted ugly men (obviously I'm not referring to our beloved and respected colleague Troll).
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              I believe it used to be girls from middle class families seeking exposure to foreign cultures for a year or so pre or post uni or as part of their "education", that was certainly a part of it. I'm sure some saw it as a route to meeting a husband from a well off family when it was popular in the '70's.
              My gf at uni had done a year in Austria as an au pair before starting at uni. It was a way to get totally fluent in the lingo before doing modern languages at uni, and hopefully pick up a chunk of culture while they were at it.

She'd been bonking a classical musician while out there.

And after a weekend away he returned to give her a dose of the clap.

Which was a kind of culture she wasn't expecting.

Needless to say, that relationship ended quite abruptly.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Bonking

Comment

OT - I met a girl at uni - took her cherry
                  I think knowing the value of her parents house would have been of greater interest than this
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                  X