• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its going to get quiet here for next 2 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its going to get quiet here for next 2 years

BBC News - Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws

I reckon that will cover 50% of the posters in general.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BBC News - Internet trolls face up to two years in jail under new laws

I reckon that will cover 50% of the posters in general.
    Should be 5 yrs for sockies. No credit for first offence or for pleading guilty insanity.

Comment

So we'd better get our abuse in quick before the law changes.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        No more stabbity stab moments?

I know where you live
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Who gets to decide what is actionable - a bedwetter like Suity or a fascist and bully like NAT ?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            Who gets to decide what is actionable - a bedwetter like Suity or a fascist and bully like NAT ?
            Good question. Does admin have a human rights lawyer? I'd imagine most posters would be serving 2 years if that were the case

Comment

this-

'Over-sensitive and desperate... I feel sorry for them': Bret Easton Ellis gives a damning analysis on Millennials he brands Generation Wuss | Daily Mail Online

'When Millennials are criticized...they seem to collapse into a shame spiral and the person criticizing them is automatically labeled a hater, a contrarian, a troll.'

He adds: 'My huge generalities touch on their over-sensitivity, their insistence that they are right despite the overwhelming proof that suggests they are not.'

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                this-

'Over-sensitive and desperate... I feel sorry for them': Bret Easton Ellis gives a damning analysis on Millennials he brands Generation Wuss | Daily Mail Online

'When Millennials are criticized...they seem to collapse into a shame spiral and the person criticizing them is automatically labeled a hater, a contrarian, a troll.'

He adds: 'My huge generalities touch on their over-sensitivity, their insistence that they are right despite the overwhelming proof that suggests they are not.'
                I think one would struggle to label threats of rape and death as 'critisism'.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I think one would struggle to label threats of rape and death as 'critisism'.
                  That's true, but I think his point wasn't really aimed at that extreme end of criticism. I'm sure you're fully aware of that though.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    That's true, but I think his point wasn't really aimed at that extreme end of criticism. I'm sure you're fully aware of that though.
                    F*** you...

Oh no that doesn't work. I was suppose to insult your mother/wife/daughter.....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X