• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hollywood baby!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hollywood baby!

Stopped in Glendale just North of LA last night having driven the coastal route from San Fran. 8 hour drive, methinks I should have stopped earlier as I was conked out by 8.30.

As I wasn't planning to come here I have no idea what to go and do.

What are the top 5 things to do in LA which don't consist of a theme park?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Sorry, only 4....

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites

Welcome | Eagle LA- A Premier Leather Gay Bar

TGirlnights.com | Transgender Night Club | Los Angeles | Orange County

The Dominion: Fetish, Fantasy and Creative Roleplay in Los Angeles.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Actually that last one looks quite good. 'On your knees bitch!'

Comment

GCHJWW Remember The Fonz (Traditional Cache) in California, United States created by HitsMan and Chris

Comment

Not a lot.

You should've stopped pretty much anywhere along route 1/101

Head north to Santa Barbara. Probably take a couple of hours from Glendale.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Not a lot.

You should've stopped pretty much anywhere along route 1/101

Head north to Santa Barbara. Probably take a couple of hours from Glendale.
            I was aiming for Santa Barbara for some reason I decided not to book the room at the hotel I wanted before I left and when I got there it and every other one was sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Stopped in Glendale just North of LA last night having driven the coastal route from San Fran. 8 hour drive, methinks I should have stopped earlier as I was conked out by 8.30.

Coke and Hookers on Sunset Strip.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Number 1 on the list has to be 'leave'. LA is a tuliphole and Hollywood is one of the tuliptiest parts of it.

Comment

I was aiming for Santa Barbara for some reason I decided not to book the room at the hotel I wanted before I left and when I got there it and every other one was sold out.
                  In that case, just stay as far away from downtown as you can Maybe head down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood (Sunset Boulevard), towards Santa Monica (it's quite nice around the UCLA campus too, also not far from Beverly Hills). As you've probably already noticed, driving in LA is a PITA. Hollywood is a bit crap TBH...sort of like Mount Rushmore - you wish you hadn't bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    In that case, just stay as far away from downtown as you can Maybe head down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood (Sunset Boulevard), towards Santa Monica (it's quite nice around the UCLA campus too, also not far from Beverly Hills). As you've probably already noticed, driving in LA is a PITA. Hollywood is a bit crap TBH...sort of like Mount Rushmore - you wish you hadn't bothered.
                    Cheers. Decided to head down to Venice beach for a stop off. Take part of the route you suggest.Then wend my way down to the coast to La Jolla which is my final destination. Also bet tell the hire car company I'm going to drop their car off 700 miles away :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X