• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news day

Paralysed fireman Darek Fidyka recovers thanks to UK research  | Daily Mail Online

World first as man whose spinal cord was severed walks: Paralysed fireman recovers thanks to UK research
    Darek Fidyka is the first person in the world to recover from chronic injuries
    Fireman was paralysed from the waist down after severing spinal chord
    The Bulgarian received treatment pioneered by University College London
    Cells taken from his nose injected to spine and regrew to repair broken link
    now that really is an advance in medicine.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Foreigner gets medical treatment at the expense of the British taxpayer!
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      Foreigner volunteers as test monkey for the benefit of future British tax-paying patients!

Comment

Foreign scientists implement technique developed by British university to help everyone in the world with spinal injuries.

However, scientists in Poland used cells from Mr Fidyka’s nose to re-grow nerve cells which were then inserted into his spine, fixing the broken link.

It is the first time the procedure has been shown to work on a human. Professor Geoffrey Raisman, whose team at UCL first discovered the technique, said: ‘We believe that this procedure is the breakthrough which, as it is further developed, will result in a historic change in the currently hopeless outlook for people disabled by spinal cord injury.’
        not sure how anyone can put a racist angle on that but...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Foreign scientists implement technique developed by British university to help everyone in the world with spinal injuries.

not sure how anyone can put a racist angle on that but...
          I don't think you mean racist... but I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
            I don't think you mean racist... but I agree.
            ok Xenophobic.

Comment

Working...
            X