• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bomb scare in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomb scare in London

Little brother who works in the Gherkin sent me a picture, apparently a taxi was parked outside their local and was partially blown up: Bomb scare outside London's Gherkin building - Telegraph

Maybe he only popped in for a bite!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

There are always bomb scares in London.

The IRA helped Londoners get use to that fact......
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

As they say, who cares about Londoners anyway? ....

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        As they say, who cares about Londoners anyway? ....
        We make up a large population of the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          We make up a large population of the UK.
          No, only about 8% actually. That's a minority in most people's book.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            No, only about 8% actually. That's a minority in most people's book.
            12.9% according to the 2011 census.

The second most populated region of the UK after the South East at 13.7%

Scotland has only 8.4%, the same percentage of people who live in the South West.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Little brother who works in the Gherkin sent me a picture, apparently a taxi was parked outside their local and was partially blown up: Bomb scare outside London's Gherkin building - Telegraph

Maybe he only popped in for a bite!
              That looks like its just outside the slug and lettuce pub ( if its still there) across the road on St Mary Axe.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                That looks like its just outside the slug and lettuce pub ( if its still there) across the road on St Mary Axe.

yep...

The window of a nearby Slug and Lettuce pub also appeared to have been smashed.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I went for an interview down that neck of the woods last year, had to stop for an urgent tulip in the slug

Those steel dinosaur sculptures nearby were good.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    I went for an interview down that neck of the woods last year, had to stop for an urgent tulip in the slug

Those steel dinosaur sculptures nearby were good.
                    I used to go to the slug when I worked in the city until they scammed my credit card there.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X