• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thanks to NickFitz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to NickFitz

Females need fewer resources so the trip to Mars is easier, claims expert | Daily Mail Online

Should the first manned mission to Mars be all WOMEN? Females need fewer resources so the trip is easier, claims expert
    San Francisco writer says the first mission to Mars should be only women
    Kate Green for Slate took part in a simulated mission to the red planet
    She found that women needed much less resources than men
    Most women burned less than 2,000 calories per day, but men regularly exceeded 3,000 calories
    Ms Greene says female astronauts, with typically smaller bodies than men, would thus be better suited for an expensive mission to Mars

should we send women only to Mars, can I suggest Polly Toynbee?

what are the pitfalls?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

If you say there is a shoe shop on Mars you will get 3 billion applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Females need fewer resources so the trip to Mars is easier, claims expert | Daily Mail Online
      should we send women only to Mars, can I suggest Polly Toynbee?

what are the pitfalls?
      Bunch of women in close proximity for many months with no men to blame and you ask that? Can you imagine the utter horror of a certain time of the month after they've harmonised? Be less hassle to move Mars into another orbit.

Comment

bird-
        'Hello mission control this is Jayne I am calling about that dripping oxygen tap I mentioned yesterday you said you would send a man to look at it but there is no sign of him and we have been in all day waiting and Carol wants to know if there really are spiders on Mars or was it just ziggy stardust winding everybody up she says if its true she doesnt want to land but you know what shes like she changes her mind with the solar wind and dont get me started on that this diet is horrendous I had 2000 calories yesterday and 500 of that was worth a sin and just because I said 2000 per day you didnt believe me did you everyone exagerrates a little bit and talking about exagerrating Phil has defriended me on cosmic facebook and I never want to speak to her again so if you could arrange for the tap-man to take the b1tch back that would be fantastic we dont want her creating an atmosphere on Mars do we.
        you are not listening to a word I say are you ?'

bloke-
        'All green Houston'
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Ms Greene says female astronauts, with typically smaller bodies than men, would thus be better suited for an expensive mission to Mars
          This has to be a hoax!

Little 'Greene' women on Mars?
          Last edited by CheeseSlice; 21 October 2014, 19:53.

Comment

Working...
          X