• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Step aside Marty, it’s our turn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step aside Marty, it’s our turn

Its late but better late than never: I so need one of these:

Hover Board
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Ever since the fictional hoverboards in 1989’s Back to the Future Part II children (and adults) have dreamed of scooting along six inches from the ground, safe from the rough terrain and water which would stop a normal skateboard in its tracks.
    I seem to recall the hoverboard didn't work on water either - it was the Biff Tannon character's whose did as it had little rockets and tow ropes for his gang whose hover boards also didn't have rockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
      Its late but better late than never: I so need one of these:

Hover Board
      They've still got a year to sort it. Given yesterday's date I suspect there's no coincidence.

Back to the Future Countdown to October 21, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I seem to recall the hoverboard didn't work on water either - it was the Biff Tannon character's whose did as it had little rockets and tow ropes for his gang whose hover boards also didn't have rockets.
        It worked on water. Its purpose was to hover and it did
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          It worked on water. Its purpose was to hover and it did
          If Suity wrote the requirements yes, but it wouldn't have passed UAT since it didn't actually move anywhere.

Comment

If Suity wrote the requirements yes, but it wouldn't have passed UAT since it didn't actually move anywhere.
            Technically, it didn't stop when it passed over water, it just ran out of momentum. I think you end up having the 'aeroplane on a treadmill' discussion.

Comment

Neither does a skateboard if you just stand on it. The design was fit for purpose, it was user error.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Neither does a skateboard if you just stand on it. The design was fit for purpose, it was user error.
                Clearly the optional extras (jets and tow ropes) were clever marketing in that case.

Comment

Working...
                X