• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blast from the past

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blast from the past

BBC News - Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree set for cinema

I had totally forgotten about those books but they were great fun. I'm not sure how a film version would work though. Does "live action" mean traditional filming with actual actors walking around? I'd rather have thought this would suit an animated film approach myself.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I loved those books as a kid. But my kids weren't bothered with them.

Didn't they have a girl called Fanny? Wonder if she'll get a new name...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Both my kids really liked the books, can remember my Dad reading them to me as well - brilliant stories! Hope they do the book justice with the film. Had initially written that I didn't want to see it but having thought about for half a minute now I am quite excited by it

Comment

I loved these books. Heard about this on Radio 4 this morning. Can't wait to see what they do with it. If they nail it it could be massive. Perfect story for a good bit of family escapism.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

my missus loved them and so we our kids get them too - they were ok but I preferred famous five books.

with Dick and Fanny

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

No, but there was a black doll called 'Sambo' in The Little Black Doll! I suspect that book is actually probably no longer available or has been strongly rewritten...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X