• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to retain your sanity at a Multi Day Training Boot Camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to retain your sanity at a Multi Day Training Boot Camp

Going to one next week. Oh what Joy
    Survival Suggestions thus –
    1. The “Guess how many mint imperials there are in each jar sat around the torture chamber” Game.
    2. The “How many colours can I create by mixing various quantities of the Orangey and Limey looking liquids” Game.
    3. The “What Saw Movie inspired torture device could I invent for use on the Speaker / Trainer if that were legal/could get away with” Game.
    4. The ”Gaze around your fellow torturees and guess who has, who hasn’t and who hasn’t but would” Game.
    5. The “What bodily pleasures I’m going to have to treat myself to after this 3 day bloody nightmare” Game.

Other suggestions welcome.....

Become a contractor so you don't have to bother with that crap?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Become a contractor so you don't have to bother with that crap?

Yes I thought i'd escaped by doing so - no choice with this one if I want to stay there

Comment

I presume idle speculation on the sexual proclivities of the other course members is a given?

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
          Yes I thought i'd escaped by doing so - no choice with this one if I want to stay there
          Sounds like D&C to me

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            I presume idle speculation on the sexual proclivities of the other course members is a given?
            Covered by item 4 on my suggestion list. Scope undefined....

Comment

Originally posted by Contractoid View Post
              Covered by item 4 on my suggestion list. Scope undefined....
              Good man. You'll be fine then. Assuming it's not just you and one other bloke.

Comment

Never, ever go to these things.

Anytime I feel tempted by the perm side, these things are what bring me back from the edge.

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I dunno 3 days of being paid for listening to some overpaid hipster bang on about concepts which are simply not practical or applicable in real life can be fun?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    I dunno 3 days of being paid for listening to some overpaid hipster bang on about concepts which are simply not practical or applicable in real life can be fun?
                    Until they make you do ice breaking exercises with other people.

Fkc that.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X