• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't understand sport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand sport

Sport and celebrities, not a clue.

Can any footy fans explain why swapping a shirt at half-time is "disgraceful conduct" ?

SPOTTED: Mario Balotelli arrives for training as paper demands apology | Football | Sport | Daily Express

Ta
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

I have been asking myself this very question, I too would love to know
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

It's bad because Liverpool players would inadvertent pass to the wrong person in the second half.

Comment

It's bad because Liverpool players would inadvertent pass to the wrong person in the second half
        I had assumed he would have to put a proper shirt on again before playing.

PS Or is that not a serious answer? I wouldn't know.
        PPS How could anyone mistake Balotelli for anyone else with that hair?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The problem is that Liverpool were 3-0 down at half-time and Balotelli should have been concentrating on getting them back into the game. Swapping shirts is a mark of respect so it's usually done at the end of the match after the players have earned each others respect. Swapping at half-time seems more like one player looking up to the other or idolising them and asking for their shirt as a fan, when they should still be considering them the enemy.

Comment

It's disgraceful because the manager expressly forbade it, and he did it anyway.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I had assumed he would have to put a proper shirt on again before playing.

PS Or is that not a serious answer? I wouldn't know.
              PPS How could anyone mistake Balotelli for anyone else with that hair?
              John Terry has got a haircut like that.

No, it wasn't serious.

Liverpool would say it looks bad to team-mates and supporters when you are 3-0 down but your striker's priority is being friendly with the opposition, instead of looking to get in their faces second half. They have a point I suppose.

Comment

I first saw this in one of the World Cup games and thought, WTF? Mind you the best one during the WC was the 2 players swapping shorts after the game, that was a new one on me
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  I have been asking myself this very question, I too would love to know, my rewind button is worn out
                  FTFY
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    I first saw this in one of the World Cup games and thought, WTF? Mind you the best one during the WC was the 2 players swapping shorts after the game, that was a new one on me
                    That was hilarious. I've never seen that before either. They could have at least waited until they went down the tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                    X