• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who the hell will believe him??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the hell will believe him??

Ed Miliband promises concrete immigration reform | Politics | The Guardian

Miliband said Labour’s policy would involve five key measures that he outlined at the party’s conference last year. These would be contained in an immigration bill brought forward in the first Queen’s speech of the parliament. The measures include:

• Strong borders to make sure migrants are counted in and out of the country.

• A specific criminal offence of exploiting workers by bringing people into the country to undercut wages.

• Measures to stop recruitment agencies hiring only from abroad.

• Requiring large employers who hire skilled workers from abroad to train local apprentices.

• And making sure all public sector workers in public-facing roles have minimum standards of English.

Miliband also promised to press for reforms in Europe, including longer restrictions on immigrants from new EU countries, stopping child benefit and tax credits being paid for children who live abroad, and doubling the period before new arrivals would be entitled to benefits.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Probably some nutter. Is he turning into Cameron?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Quite a sensible move. UKIP are doing quite well and Ed is trying to grab some of the votes.

Like all politicians he will change his mind when he gets in.

Comment

Another good idea...

Labour’s plan to put fans on football club boards
        Last edited by BrilloPad; 23 October 2014, 17:35.

Comment

Not sure what good he thinks he is doing to Labour prospects. The lefties who embrace the myths about the benefits of current immigration levels and lax controls won't like him for it and those on the right won't believe a word he says.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Not sure what good he thinks he is doing to Labour prospects. The lefties who embrace the myths about the benefits of current immigration levels and lax controls won't like him for it and those on the right won't believe a word he says.
            A/B will vote Tory. D/E will vote Labour.

Its the C1/C2 - essex man - who will decide.

Ed might not be as stupid as I first thought.

Comment

Its the C1/C2 - essex man - who will decide
              Why does C have twice the votes? Bloody awful electoral system!

Seriously, it's a great shame we don't have a truly representative system, If the Lib Dems had not cocked up the referendum by proposing a half-arsed abortion of a voting system we might have one.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Next he'll be offering an EU referendum, and a day before Cameron's, too.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                A/B will vote Tory. D/E will vote Labour.

Its the C1/C2 - essex man - who will decide.

Ed might not be as stupid as I first thought.
                I have no doubt he isn't stupid, per se. An out of touch twat, though? That he is, much more so than the usual politician even. Moreover, I think Xoggoth has a point, as the more the Lib-dems and Labour try to emulate UKIP and the Tories (who were faster to emulate the former), the less they can slander them with any credibility. They do risk alienating many of their more leftist crowd, and there is the issue of how credible their commitment to these positions is, given that they will come across as reactionary vote-winning policies more than anything else. Methinks the Heywood and Middleton result left Ed-boy more than a little shaken up.

Why does C have twice the votes? Bloody awful electoral system!

Seriously, it's a great shame we don't have a truly representative system, If the Lib Dems had not cocked up the referendum by proposing a half-arsed abortion of a voting system we might have one.
                Labour would then have to kiss any chance of ever seeing government again goodbye.
                Last edited by Zero Liability; 23 October 2014, 19:48.

Comment

This.

He's changed his tune a bit since his party was encouraging all and sundry through the borders.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    This.

He's changed his tune a bit since his party was encouraging all and sundry through the borders.
                    Which they will do again as soon as they get back in, but we all know that. The chances of them actually throwing off the all inclusive, multi-culti, politically correct, inverse racist policies are zero, but it's the kind of stuff that makes good sound bites for the braindead voting populace.

There's no way that people like us will believe the sort of drivel in the OP, but plenty of people will and many more will simply vote the way they've been indoctrinated since birth

Comment

Working...
                    X