• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Powerpoint - "Deck" or "Pack"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerpoint - "Deck" or "Pack"?

What's the correct lingo for a powerpoint presentation please?
    "Deck"
    25.00%
    "Pack"
    0.00%
    AndyW "Something"
    0.00%
    AndyW's mum "Something"
    75.00%
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Bug.

Most commonly I hear "deck", though that seems to be an Americanism: English people just call them "slides". But then, I tend to avoid people who produce PP presentations if at all possible

Comment

"Presentation"
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Poll is ready for voting
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Bore
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

A "Powerpoint"

People talk about decks at my current gig, makes me feel like I'm on the Starship Enterprise
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Bug.

Most commonly I hear "deck", though that seems to be an Americanism: English people just call them "slides". But then, I tend to avoid people who produce PP presentations if at all possible
              Same for me.

Loads of people I work with now or in the past call them Decks, I agree it's pretty daft.

I can just about cope with "Pack", but I do have to restrain myself from brutally slaughtering them.
              I've worked with a few people that are genuinely talented at putting together presentations, they've all just called them slides, no fan of Powerpoint myself.

Comment

Andyw
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Presentation, or show for short.

Back in the good old days, a pack was a multi-platter removable disk.

I'm sure we called something a deck as well but I can't remember what. Cards were before my time so I don't think it was that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    What's the correct lingo for a powerpoint presentation please?
                    Whatever the client calls them. Some of my old clients called them decks others, slides.

Who cares, really?
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X