• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment Agents/Agencies why are they so useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruitment Agents/Agencies why are they so useless

Here is my moaning about Recruitment Agents/Agencies why are they so useless? I and many of my colleagues find dealing with them is kind a fighting in the battle field of WW1 people like myself hate every time contract comes to an end this is because we all start talking to recruitment agencies.
    I am not singling out Recruitment Agencies only the small ones many of us experienced the same with mainstream recruitment agencies as well, they are as BAD as each other, in fact I could say they are the Culprit in the hiring business.
    However the recruitment agencies knows that contractors and the companies need them and people like us most definitely need them to find next contract. If there was a survey I believe many of the contractors will say they are most UN-HELPFUL and DIFFICULT people to deal with I don’t think we all contractors won’t be wrong if we say this and brand them like this too.

The ones I've dealt with have been ok. A couple of bad apples but generally the exception rather than the rule.
    Last edited by Zero Liability; 24 October 2014, 18:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlonger View Post
      Here is my moaning about Recruitment Agents/Agencies why are they so useless? I and many of my colleagues find dealing with them is kind a fighting in the battle field of WW1 people like myself hate every time contract comes to an end this is because we all start talking to recruitment agencies.
      I am not singling out Recruitment Agencies only the small ones many of us experienced the same with mainstream recruitment agencies as well, they are as BAD as each other, in fact I could say they are the Culprit in the hiring business.
      However the recruitment agencies knows that contractors and the companies need them and people like us most definitely need them to find next contract. If there was a survey I believe many of the contractors will say they are most UN-HELPFUL and DIFFICULT people to deal with I don’t think we all contractors won’t be wrong if we say this and brand them like this too.
      Could you write that again in English?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Your choice of analogy is fighting in WW1 - perhaps agents don't take you seriously.

Comment

Somme can be a pain, but I wouldn't Ypres them all in together. That would be going over the top.

Last edited by barrydidit; 24 October 2014, 18:46. Reason: wasn't ott

Comment

WW1 is a good analogy , whenever I have to interact with an agent I want to fix bayonets .

Comment

I'm sorry, I stopped reading after WWI.

Congratulations marrying the peril that millions endured until they died a miserable death versus the inept agent who could not do what you were not willing to do yourself.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lastlonger View Post
                Definitely an art and science around dealing with agents. It's all detailed in the "I just need two references" thread.

Comment

Oh, get over it. Some agents are scum buckets, this isn't news.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Oh, get over it. Some agents are scum buckets, this isn't news.
                    Most, not some. And the guy's a noob - it's news to him.

Comment

Working...
                    X