• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prissy Divas on Planes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prissy Divas on Planes!

Had a bit of an incident on the plane home yesterday. Minding my own business when some fella comes walking into the galley. I'm leaning against the bulkhead next to the goody tray.

'Excuse me' he directly askes as he approaches it.
    'All yours' says I, looking around to notice I'm not actually in his way.
    'Excuse me, your in my way' he says again.

I literally take a look around and as far as I can see I'm not obscuring his ability to get to the choccy bars next to me. I'm pressed up against the bulkhead.

'Ok, where do you expect me to go' says I? 'As far as I can see you can easily get to everything on the counter next to me'?

'YOU ARE IN MY WAY!' he directs.

'NO I AM NOT' I reply,

He then proceeds to take what he wants. I think it may be a personal space issue as he's a good distance away from me. 'THIS IS WHAT I WANT!'

'SO HELP YOURSELF. I AM NOT IN YOUR WAY', I'm getting narked now.

'Don't be so bloody childish!' He chides

To which point I gave him a two finger prod on the shoulder and said 'Oh F*** off'

This was then prompted by a Cristiano Ronaldo reaction of 'I'VE BEEN ASSAULTED, I'VE BEEN ASSAULTED, STEWARD, STEWARD!!!!'

Most bemusing thing ever. Spoken to by the crew, purser and they radioed the bloody captain to report an assault, before I was told he 'didn't want to take it further and was going to sleep'

Must have been Suity. :
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

He was being a twat.

That said, if you'd have touched me without my prior approval in those circumstances, as you did him, you wouldn't have posted about the incident for another couple of months. And CCTV would have backed me up my claim of self-defence.

I agree with you, though. He was a twat.

Comment

I'm always ready for a ruck when I'm on planes.

Recline your seat will you, fat boy? Then I'm going to pretend to sneeze while simultaneously flicking water over you.

Comment

On the flight back today I had a bit of a plonker behind me. The whole point of business class is to give you space so that reclining seats, etc. don't bother anyone but no, this bloke kept kicking the back of my cubicle (where you put your feet up), slamming his little lockers shut, moving the TV screen back and forth with a lot of vigour. After a couple of loud and pointed "for ****'s sake" and "oi, cockwomble" it stopped. Some people are dickheads (that includes airport designers who make you walk ******* miles to get to baggage claim!!!mad) Mind you, we got in 20 minutes early and I managed to see Paddington
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

seems you have a problem at least you are admitting it.

I haven't had such a confrontation since I was a teenager and you manage 2 in a couple of days.

chill, there a lot of people out there with small brains & penises you have to make sure you aren't one of them,
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            seems you have a problem at least you are admitting it.

I haven't had such a confrontation since I was a teenager and you manage 2 in a couple of days.

chill, there a lot of people out there with small brains & penises you have to make sure you aren't one of them,
            I assume you mean Darms. I bounced this thread earlier and then deleted my post after getting into a physical altercation with some idiot earlier in the day when they told my wife to F Off during a parking incident. Whereas I should have been cooler I snapped immediately and got out the car and physically walked the chap back to his car before he dumbly told me to F Off as well. He left quickly afterwards.

In hindsight I've had 4 altercations in the last 12 months. I feel I'm spending so much effort keeping a lid on it during the day that woe betide some idiot mouthing off outside of the office. Been here before....
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have had a couple of incidents, both on the Luftwaffe. I suspect that they knew of my Dead Sea pedestrian ancestry and were trying to make me sit on the wings, instead?
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

In hindsight I've had 4 altercations in the last 12 months. I feel I'm spending so much effort keeping a lid on it during the day that woe betide some idiot mouthing off outside of the office. Been here before....
                Sounds like you're not drinking enough.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I assume you mean Darms. I bounced this thread earlier and then deleted my post after getting into a physical altercation with some idiot earlier in the day when they told my wife to F Off during a parking incident. Whereas I should have been cooler I snapped immediately and got out the car and physically walked the chap back to his car before he dumbly told me to F Off as well. He left quickly afterwards.

I am wondering if this is not an age thing.

I just find as I get older things that in the past I would have laughed off or avoided I know find myself actively enjoying the confrontation.

It is amazing how many stupid aggressive people are actually complete pussies if you even show a small amount of resistance.

Comment

If you want to know what gets my goat every sodding week it's people pushing in queues. Normally for passport control. You are normally standing in a cordoned queue wide enough to stand 3 abreast. I am not 3 abreast (well not quite yet) so all these oily foreigners squeeze past, and kind of osmose into the gaps. Before you know it, just be queueing normally you've been surpassed by 20 or so by the time you get to hand in your passport.

Or so I thought. Last Friday a rather well heeled gentleman in posh overcoat, carrying a leather briefcase wearing respectable patent leather shoes pushed past.

"Er excuse me sir, do you not know how to queue?" I asked.

"Oh I do, I just don't give a ****" came his inanely grinning reply.

One of these weeks I will do a MF
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X