• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

Paperwork sorted for another 6 months on the current contract which should take me to mid-April 2015.

50 to 60 hours a week but that's okay (I like to be kept busy). Work from home at least 3 days a week which helps.

Do you bill hourly?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Do you bill hourly and work very slowly?
      ftfy
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Daily but that's okay - I knew what I was getting into and very much the same as my last contract.

Comment

Comment

50-60 hrs week assuming 5 billable days = 10-12 hours per day.
            Would I bill daily? Would I bollax unless they were paying me 1.5x market rate.

Then again, would I want to do this many hours a week on a regular basis anyway? Nope - would rather earn less and have a life. Short term no problem as long as its paying but long term no way.

Then again, wfh helps I guess....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonskids View Post
              Daily but that's okay - I knew what I was getting into and very much the same as my last contract.
              Congrats!

Try learning from your mistakes next time. Also think about the next contractor and what they will expect from them. You may want to over work your self into an early grave, but it's not on my bucket list.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by jonskids View Post
                Paperwork sorted for another 6 months on the current contract which should take me to mid-April 2015.

50 to 60 hours a week but that's okay (I like to be kept busy). Work from home at least 3 days a week which helps.
                I guess I would do 50-60 hours for about £700/day, so hope you are getting something like that for it.

and congrats

Comment

Working...
                X