• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budge up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budge up

Create enough space for 3 normal sized contractors on the bench for me please. Last day here in Bonn is 14th Nov.

Just putting the finishing touches to a data migration this week, then developing some changes to a business process for 2 weeks after that.

Very much job jobbed, and one of those rare occasions where you get to see something from start to finish.

What's the market looking like? I'm getting a lot of emails from pimps with comedy day rates.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Germany kicking you out again?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Germany kicking you out again?
      How predictably dull of you.

Yes I am getting kicked out after finishing my tasks. It's really strange here, they only want to pay you when you have stuff to do.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        How predictably dull of you.

Yes I am getting kicked out after finishing my tasks. It's really strange here, they only want to pay you when you have stuff to do.
        Real contractors make their own tasks, wouldn't you say?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes but they don't swing that way.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Real contractors make their own tasks, wouldn't you say?

You mean you botch everything up so that your work never ends? If you finish the work and there's nothing else they need you to do, manufacturing some false piece of work so they keep you on sounds like fraud to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              You mean you botch everything up so that your work never ends? If you finish the work and there's nothing else they need you to do, manufacturing some false piece of work so they keep you on sounds like fraud to me.
              Just rely on Microsoft / SAP / Oracle / AN Other to cock up some genuine work for you instead
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Good grief, the grand plan, even you know it!

General Melchett: You look surprised, Blackadder.
                Captain Blackadder: I certainly am, sir. I didn't realise we had any battle plans.
                General Melchett: Well, of course we have! How else do you think the battles are directed?
                Captain Blackadder: Our battles are directed, sir?
                General Melchett: Well, of course they are, Blackadder, directed according to the Grand Plan.
                Captain Blackadder: Would that be the plan to continue with total slaughter until everyone's dead except Field Marshal Haig, Lady Haig and their tortoise, Alan?
                General Melchett: Great Scott! Even you know it!

Comment

Create enough space for 3 normal sized contractors on the bench for me please.

Comment

Create enough space for 3 normal sized contractors on the bench for me please. Last day here in Bonn is 14th Nov.

Just putting the finishing touches to a data migration this week, then developing some changes to a business process for 2 weeks after that.

Very much job jobbed, and one of those rare occasions where you get to see something from start to finish.

What's the market looking like? I'm getting a lot of emails from pimps with comedy day rates.
                    You are just trying to entice MF back aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                    X