• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK a challenge for the congregation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK a challenge for the congregation

In the new house the room we want to use as the master bedroom has no en - suite, before we extend the East wing and put on a 5th bedroom with a decent en suite in the nice big room created then we need a small en suite.

So in the temporary room we have a 13'9" * 11'11" room plus a 3ft deep built in floor to ceiling wardrobe across the short wall.

I'm thinking of boxing off a few feet in front of the wardrobe with a door in the middle.

Toilet facing in on left , slender sink in the middle (so the door opens into the bedroom and you are looking at the sink) and shower or short bath on right.

so can anyone tell me if they have any better ideas?

Moving to Europe and then shouting about a free state of Slough isn't an option! I'm not wearing a kilt either.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

If it's very small, put the sink above the toilet. Don't bother with sink waste plumbing, and have the bowl so that it can be removed. Rather than having a plug in the sink and then draining away, you lift the bowl out of it's holder and pour the contents down the loo instead.

Gives you more space for the shower that way. It was on a Beaney programme at some stage as an idea if you are really cramped but want / need an en-suite.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      If it's very small, put the sink above the toilet. Don't bother with sink waste plumbing, and have the bowl so that it can be removed. Rather than having a plug in the sink and then draining away, you lift the bowl out of it's holder and pour the contents down the loo instead.

Gives you more space for the shower that way. It was on a Beaney programme at some stage as an idea if you are really cramped but want / need an en-suite.
      interesting, not sure hungover me can cope with that.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Or fit a tap that drains into the loo, coming from the cistern
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do not use the word "toilet" please
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Do not use the word "toilet" please
            Because the word "toil" makes you shudder?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Because the word "toil" makes you shudder?
              Only when I have to do it
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                So in the temporary room we have a 13'9" * 11'11" room plus a 3ft deep built in floor to ceiling wardrobe across the short wall.
                I'd consider simply removing the built-in wardrobe and making do with a chest of drawers and a separate clothes hanger on wheels. You'd make a lot of space that way, and with extra 2 feet of width you'd have 5 feet to play with which would be adequate for a loo, sink, and shower (or instead of the shower a smallish tub with shower attachment).
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Inside toilets are unhealthy. Have a privy at the bottom of the garden.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Hire an architect.

Comment

Working...
                    X