• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can one explain Essex?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can one explain Essex?

Trying to explain it to the Germans. Wide eyes all round. I don't think they quite believe me.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Maybe its just you! I'll be in Essex next weekend with Frau D. (who just happens to be German) and has been there many times before, no wide eyes from her. Mind you, I remember accidentally driving through Luton a few years ago and thats was definitely an eye opener for her
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Maybe its just you! I'll be in Essex next weekend with Frau D. (who just happens to be German) and has been there many times before, no wide eyes from her. Mind you, I remember accidentally driving through Luton a few years ago and thats was definitely an eye opener for her
      I think Suity is talking about The Only Way is Essex, not the actual place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        I think Suity is talking about The Only Way is Essex, not the actual place.
        Sorry dude, I was talking about the place.

Perhaps Darmie lead such a sheltered life he doesn't know much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Perhaps Frau D is just dirty and sees Essex as normal, or a place to aspire to?

Comment

What exactly did you tell 'em?

I can't think of anything particularly shocking about a bunch of lager drinking southern poofs with loose morals. Maybe your Teutonic friends have led sheltered lives?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              What exactly did you tell 'em?

I can't think of anything particularly shocking about a bunch of lager drinking southern poofs with loose morals. Maybe your Teutonic friends have led sheltered lives?
              Well I'm not sure where you hail from young Barrydidit, but in the UK Essex is frequently poked fun at, so much so that they made a TV show about it called "The only way is Essex". DYOR.

Comment

Well I used to work with various Essex girls.

One while we were having the Office refurbished decided to service one of the carpenters during the working day in a spare office.

The other who was 18 proudly proclaimed she was only one in her class who wasn't pregnant and on the council list she was 6 months later.

Though Watford girls are just as bad, one decided to have sex at the company XMAS do in the middle of Ascot racecourse reception with about 1000 people around her.

Gave us something to laugh about.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Well I'm not sure where you hail from young Barrydidit, but in the UK Essex is frequently poked fun at, so much so that they made a TV show about it called "The only way is Essex". DYOR.
                  They do similar things to other parts of the country though: Educating Yorkshire, Geordie Shore, Coronation Street. All intended to poke fun at the underclass.

My research has turned up Moby Golf in Romford, the premier herman melville themed visitor attraction in western europe. I should imagine.

But what fisherman's tales were you telling about the place?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    They do similar things to other parts of the country though: Educating Yorkshire, Geordie Shore, Coronation Street. All intended to poke fun at the underclass.

My research has turned up Moby Golf in Romford, the premier herman melville themed visitor attraction in western europe. I should imagine.

But what fisherman's tales were you telling about the place?
                    The usual. Everyone is called Kevin or Dave or Tracy or Chantelle, has an IQ of 4, lost their virginity at 12 and are entirely responsible for all football hooliganery reported in the international press.

Comment

Working...
                    X