• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed and Bombed In Same Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So had interview last week and was offered the role, which I was in the process of accepting. Agent then rings and says deal is off, as client has had funding blocked higher up, so role is no longer available.

FFS I thought, why not get funding agreed before going to market ?? Has just wasted mine, client and agents time and effort.

Back to square one (again)

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post

Comment

So had interview last week and was offered the role, which I was in the process of accepting. Agent then rings and says deal is off, as client has had funding blocked higher up, so role is no longer available.

FFS I thought, why not get funding agreed before going to market ?? Has just wasted mine, client and agents time and effort.

I've had this a few times including projects being given the OK by the UK company and then vetoed by the US parent company.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Rotten luck. My commiserations.

Heh. I like what you did there.

Comment

A case of putting the job ad out before getting sign off in the hope that they will get sign off, I've been guilty of that myself as often it takes so long to get the nod to recruit.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I've been a hiring manager. It happens. Some idiot higher up the food chain decides that the funds aren't available after all. Nothing can be done.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Still riled

Thinking about this further over the weekend, the annoying thing is that if as a contractor we accept a contract and then go back on our word for whatever reason, then we get pillored by certain members of this forum, rightly or wrongly so.

So what is the difference between a clientco offering a contract position and then backtracking, and a contractor accepting a contract position and then backtracking ?

Comment

So what is the difference between a clientco offering a contract position and then backtracking, and a contractor accepting a contract position and then backtracking ?
                The one with the money is always right?

Comment

Been there, done that. I know of a couple of people who were on site for 3 weeks before being canned as the budget hadnt been signed off! How they got paid, I dont know.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    The one with the money is always right?
                    Pretty much.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X