• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bankers save the world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bankers save the world.

QE central bankers deserve a medal for saving society - Telegraph

bankers deserve a medal for saving society

So by paying themselves huge amounts of dosh and getting some trickle down effect they are heroes.

Because a better effect could not have been achieved by putting money into infrastructure.

Central bankers - living up to their cockney rhyming slang term

Good for a morning laugh. I guess he's ignoring the Telegraph's article from oh, just yesterday, putting into question the US 'recovery'. The only way they can justify stuffing money into the pockets of the connected elites and basically defaulting on their debts by counterfeiting (try that, see how it works for you) is by scare mongering about apocalyptic deflationary scenarios... which are really the unwinding of massive inflation ramp ups.

The US will be able to keep it up for as long as it is tolerated as world reserve currency, at the expense of those propping it up.

As for Ambrose, I am sure the cheque's in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      QE central bankers deserve a medal for saving society - Telegraph

bankers deserve a medal for saving society

So by paying themselves huge amounts of dosh and getting some trickle down effect they are heroes.

Because a better effect could not have been achieved by putting money into infrastructure.

Central bankers - living up to their cockney rhyming slang term
      Not quite, but it would be more accurate to say central bankers are Jodrell Bankers.

Comment

Draghi swoops in, Superman-style.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Forbes seems to take a rather dimmer view than an effusive Ambrose.

The End of QE, Fed Policy Normalization and the Equity Market - Forbes

Meanwhile, Cameron seems to be in favour of indefinite price controls when it suits him ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...-for-ever.html

I'm sure he genuinely does find central bank 'independence' annoying, most politicians probably do, which is why it's more myth than fact. Curiously, his views aren't too off from Keynes's.

They prop the economy up on cheap credit, make it reliant on it then argue any deviation from this course is 'painful'. Well duh. It doesn't mean the economy should continue to be run on fiction. Of course, I think this is just a pre-election Cameron talking. This is why I like Godfrey Bloom, Steve Baker and Daniel Hannan - they're some of the only politicians who exhibit an understanding of monetary economics, at least openly.

Not to be outdone, the BOJ joins in the fun...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...ve-easing.html

There really is nowhere to hide from QE. Should mean Japanese stocks will do well though.
              Last edited by Zero Liability; 31 October 2014, 09:33.

Comment

The uneducated plebs put the blame on central banks and QE, while the real culprit is fractional reserve banking. Only 3% of new money is created by the Bank of England, the rest is created by banks out of nothing when they give loans.
                <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The money trickles down. Fine.
                  The only problem is that the further it trickles down, the less it's worth.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone here could do a better job.

Comment

Working...
                    X