• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Little tip for those of you using Booking.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little tip for those of you using Booking.com

Read the small print

This week's hotel has no ensuite and uses a shared bathroom between 5 rooms on the same landing.
    The "double glazing" is paper thin and ineffective. Granted this is in a very central location, in central Bonn, but central location means directly opposite the town hall. Being Bonn they do crazy tulip, like have a party in the town hall until 2:30 am on a school night. With no double glazing to speak of this is very disturbing for sleep patterns.

So, in summary, know the town you are going to stay in. Don't book a hotel because it is the cheapest, and check small details like does it have a shared bathroom.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Was this for your romantic weekend away with sy02?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Read the small print

This week's hotel has no ensuite and uses a shared bathroom between 5 rooms on the same landing.
      The "double glazing" is paper thin and ineffective. Granted this is in a very central location, in central Bonn, but central location means directly opposite the town hall. Being Bonn they do crazy tulip, like have a party in the town hall until 2:30 am on a school night. With no double glazing to speak of this is very disturbing for sleep patterns.

So, in summary, know the town you are going to stay in. Don't book a hotel because it is the cheapest, and check small details like does it have a shared bathroom.

Have you ever thought about setting up a website "The fu**ing obvious for thick tw*ts" ?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Don't book a hotel because it is the cheapest, and check small details like does it have a shared bathroom
        Great travel tips! Thanks! Not sure I'd have thought of those on my own

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Have you ever thought about setting up a website "The fu**ing obvious for thick tw*ts" ?
          Yes, look here, already done.

Comment

I really do wonder how Suity is able to dress himself let alone the more difficult problems of when not to post things to avoid confirming that once again he is an utter twunt.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I really do wonder how Suity is able to dress himself let alone the more difficult problems of when not to post things to avoid confirming that once again he is an utter twunt.
              Quite mean.

Comment

Quite mean.
                You're not learning though, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Learning what? Perfectly acceptable thread. Compared with some of the threads on here, one would go so far as to say quite sane.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    I think it's the rest of us who don't learn. Suity knows what he's about. This sort of thread and your reactions are just what at some level he needs. He loves it.

You want to snuff it out? Zero thread him. But you can't help it. The same way he can't help it. There's no winners here.

Comment

Working...
                    X