• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buying a house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a house

Why does it take so long?
    moan moan moan
    Solicitors stuck in the wrong century and take weeks to ask and answer simple questions
    moan moan moan

This hasn't made me feel any better..

Call them weekly to push and get your vendors to ring theirs

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
      moan moan moan
      Solicitors stuck in the wrong century and take weeks to ask and answer simple questions
      moan moan moan

This hasn't made me feel any better..
      Commiserations!

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
        Call them weekly to push and get your vendors to ring theirs
        Whs, the more you chase the faster it moves. Unless you happen to be in a chain...
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I am hassling the estate every two days to harass the sellers solicitor and my solicitor is so sick of me emailing her I know feel like a naughty schoolboy after every terse response haha.

I think about 20 football managers have been fired during the same time frame!

Comment

Sort of a chain but they are buying a probate flat (downsizing) i am praying that isn't complex (apparently only 1 enquiry left there)

Comment

have my sympathy as our conveyancer she said that's like asking me how long is a piece of string this morning.

hard work.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I got everything crossed for a mid November exchange and completion (possibly same day). Staying at the in laws house (they moved out) and not renting has saved me bundles but living out of a box and the onset of cabin fever is sending everyone postal

Comment

Originally posted by Mincepie View Post
                  moan moan moan
                  moan moan moan

Why does it take so long? Well it's obvious why! Because an awful lot of people make a living out of Englands awful house buying system.

Most of parties involved make their money whether the transaction succeeds or fails. So they have no interest in actually completing a sale. In fact, the more transactions that fail the better for the;
                  • solicitors
                  • local authority
                  • building surveyors
                  • mortgage company

House buying and selling sucks. In this day and age I can't see why it cannot be completed in a couple of hours.

Comment

Bang on! we pulled out of last house as they wouldn't move out or commit to a date when they would lol. That cost me 10 weeks and £1500

Comment

Working...
                    X