• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Default parent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default parent

The Default Parent | M. Blazoned

Who's the default parent in your house?

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    The Default Parent*|*M. Blazoned

Who's the default parent in your house?
    The wife, she looks after both me and my daughter though I am the biggest child in our household
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

I think the balance has shifted slightly in our house since the kids got older. I'm still default for things like 'what's for dinner', school stuff, clothes, washing. But he does all footie related stuff (including paying subs, buying kit) and tends to sort out the dentist for some reason. He's also default taxi for late night pickups.

Comment

I don't recognise the family dynamic.

The first time I knew I was the default parent was when our first child was napping and Dan and I were painting the guest room. When she cried, he didn't, even for a second, pause what he was doing and consider getting her.
        We'd both pause, and then one of us - and it could be either one - would attend to the sprog.

I handle the needs of all three of our kids: activity sign-ups, transportation logistics, doctor & dentist appointments, friend and boy issues, hurt feelings, school fundraisers, gift buying, haircuts, clothes shopping, and thank you note writing
        Shared labour. I have no taste in clothes or style, so she deals with that. Everything else is shared by whatever seems most reasonable at the time. ,

Default parents know the names of their kids' teachers, all of them.
        Ah, ok, we're neither default parents then.

Funny though. Our kids aren't anywhere near as demanding as the brats in the article. I wonder if it's because we learned to say "no" to them very early on?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I don't recognise the family dynamic.

We'd both pause, and then one of us - and it could be either one - would attend to the sprog.

Shared labour. I have no taste in clothes or style, so she deals with that. Everything else is shared by whatever seems most reasonable at the time. ,

Ah, ok, we're neither default parents then.

Funny though. Our kids aren't anywhere near as demanding as the brats in the article. I wonder if it's because we learned to say "no" to them very early on?
          wnats

Comment

I have no taste in clothes or style, ?
            A true contractor
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              A true contractor
              Fortunately, my wife chooses my wardrobe, so I'm reasonably well dressed.

Comment

Fortunately, my wife chooses my wardrobe, so I'm reasonably well dressed.
                you must look a bit odd in that office then!
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  you must look a bit odd in that office then!
                  But frightfully stylish, dahling.

Comment

Working...
                  X