• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here have a wife who bills more than him?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have a wife who bills more than him?

This is inspired by that thread where members' wives were involving themselves, or not, in whether he buys a 4K tv.

The way I see it, we fellas are the ones doing the hard mental graft, taking risks, putting in efforts well above and beyond, while the wives potter around in either no job or 'play' jobs, not really concerned about whether they lose their £1500 take home per month as it's just a snip to what we make.

When you think about it, wouldn't it be easier to let the Mrs stress out over delivery deadlines for the datacentre migrations, building reporting platforms, etc, while we dump the kids off to school at 8.30, come home, chuck a few bits of meat/veg into a slow-cook pot, do a 20 minute tidy up of the house, nip back out at 9.30, loaf around Caffe' Nero talking crap until 3pm, run the kids back home, bung them some tea/biscuits, go yap on Mumsnet's 'For Stay-At-Home-Dads' sub-forum from 3.30-7.30, start dishing up, give the Mrs a peck on the cheek and a glass of Riesling as she shuffles back in the door, chow down, march the kids off to bed, and sit and watch CSI while the Mrs goes through the bills?, then off to bed for a midnight shag??

You see, their lives of ease are made possible by OUR money. Which makes us the unluckier partners by a country mile.

Unless - any of you lucky enough a mofo to have a Mrs who outearns you??

Yes he does...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Obvious troll is obvious
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Yes he does...
        WSS
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Yes he does...
            Nice! To Mr Cojack, I salute you, sir.

Mrs Cojack - how does your hubby spend his time when you're at work?

Comment

Not really sure what you're on about - I'm an IT Contractor, so I've never put in an honest days billing. What's this stress thing all about? Admittedly, choosing which bottle of Champagne to enjoy can be a toughie, mind.

Comment

I'm with you all the way until you also ask me to squeeze 4 babies out of my vagina, and bleed very month from the same orifice.

Then I think I'd rather stick with the deadline stress.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

He's a Chartered (Mechanical) Engineer.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My wife earns an obscene amount of money, so says the Daily Mail.

Comment

Working...
                    X