• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I ask you a question?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I ask you a question?

Why do people say that when they really me mean 'can I ask you another question?'
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why do people say that when they really me mean 'can I ask you another question?'
    Are you asking us a question?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Are you asking us a question?
      Good question. Currently I'm questioning myself.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        WTF!?
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Who is Suity?

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            WTF!?
            We've all been there.

Comment

You 'can' ask me a question, i.e. you have the ability to, but I think it's correct to say you 'may' ask me a question, i.e. you are allowed to.

Comment

whenever someone says this to me I always respond with

"You just did -- but go on.."

The joke is wearing thin now mind you...

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  Who is Suity?
                  Why is MF/FLC so fat?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    You 'can' ask me a question, i.e. you have the ability to, but I think it's correct to say you 'may' ask me a question, i.e. you are allowed to.
                    What if the answer is no? You don't allow them to ask you a question, but too late! They already have, and they didn't have the courtesy to ask you first.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X