• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

epilepsy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

epilepsy

Hotel I was at on Saturday was hosting a large epilepsy action weekend, hundreds of people, lots of signs

'No flash photography'
    'Clothed massage'
    'no flags'

So about 7.30pm in the bar/rest must have been about 100 people / children, big glass windows 20 foot tall, fantastic views for miles

The hotel (I presume) then decide to have a spectacular firework display about 100m away.

Trigger after trigger - imagine world war 'Z' style escape from the bar !!!

Despite all the warnings you hear on the news, I've never heard/read of a case of anyone having a fit due to camera flash.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Hotel I was at on Saturday was hosting a large epilepsy action weekend, hundreds of people, lots of signs

'No flash photography'
      'Clothed massage'
      'no flags'

So about 7.30pm in the bar/rest must have been about 100 people / children, big glass windows 20 foot tall, fantastic views for miles

The hotel (I presume) then decide to have a spectacular firework display about 100m away.

How odd, an organisation doing stuff without telling anyone first.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
        Despite all the warnings you hear on the news, I've never heard/read of a case of anyone having a fit due to camera flash.
        It's camera flashes from multiple sources that trigger fits and migraines.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          It's camera flashes from multiple sources that trigger fits and migraines.
          Yes but when they are covering a red carpet event or similar, there are multiple flashes shown on the tv. Even in real life at these events I've never heard or seen anyone have a fit due to the multiple flashes going off.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            Yes but when they are covering a red carpet event or similar, there are multiple flashes shown on the tv. Even in real life at these events I've never heard or seen anyone have a fit due to the multiple flashes going off.
            Apparently, only for a photo-sensitive type epilepsy and if it is only above 25Hz (Sources say there are only 2,250 people in UK with such a condition)

Comment

Ian Curtis used to get fits from stage strobe lights during performances.

Some people say this and his eventual suicide were all an act though...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Ian Curtis used to get fits from stage strobe lights during performances.

Some people say this and his eventual suicide were all an act though...
                Some people see someone who is partially sighted with a white stick and say they are pretending....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post

'No flash photography'
                  'Clothed massage'
                  'no flags'

Bollocks
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Don't understand how they could drive round here in summer. Overhanging trees and bright sun gives constant flashing.

PS Although maybe flash at certain frequency can affect anyone. Made a device as a yoof with a light bulb and a spinning shutter. Turned it on and got an instant blinding headache.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 4 November 2014, 18:51.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X