• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotland is rubbish at everything except Whisky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scotland is rubbish at everything except Whisky

And now it is rubbish at that too :-

Scotland loses out as Japanese whisky named best in the world - Telegraph

For the first time, not a single Scottish whisky has made it into top five of World Whisky Bible.

I tried this Japanese whisky in August and I thought it was ok, but not great. It had a bit of a metallic taste to it.

Mind you, it was about 18th in a line of 26 whiskies that I tried that day, so my senses could have been somewhat offline.

Comment

Why is a Bourbon in contention?

It's a guide by one guy who very clearly states in the book that it's entirely his own opinion.

That said, I'd like to try the winner. I wonder how pricey it is?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've tried Indian and Japanese whiskys and they're ok but I prefer a Scottish malt whisky. Most people have a favourite one that they stick to most of the time but will try others. The Whisky Fringe is a great event for trying out different ones but you end up bladdered and can't remember anything about it...

I also like Bourbons, especially Jim Beam, and Calvados too, all drunk neat with no ice.

This 'bible' is just one man's opinion so I don't think it will bring the Scottish whisky industry to a halt.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
          I've tried Indian and Japanese whiskys and they're ok but I prefer a Scottish malt whisky. Most people have a favourite one that they stick to most of the time but will try others. The Whisky Fringe is a great event for trying out different ones but you end up bladdered and can't remember anything about it...

I also like Bourbons, especially Jim Beam, and Calvados too, all drunk neat with no ice.

This 'bible' is just one man's opinion so I don't think it will bring the Scottish whisky industry to a halt.
          It was at the Whisky Fringe that I tried the Yamazaki. £27 a ticket. 4 hours to drink as much whisky as you like. I vaguely recall it was a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
            It was at the Whisky Fringe that I tried the Yamazaki. £27 a ticket. 4 hours to drink as much whisky as you like. I vaguely recall it was a bargain.
            We made the mistake of going for a couple of pints before it started.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Why is a Bourbon in contention?
              Why wouldn't it be in contention? There are some excellent small batch Bourbons.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Why wouldn't it be in contention? There are some excellent small batch Bourbons.
                There are also excellent brandies, rums, vodkas. Bourbon and Single Malt Whisky are different drinks, surely.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post

No wonder there was no vote for independence - the spongers just want to keep on sponging.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    There are also excellent brandies, rums, vodkas. Bourbon and Single Malt Whisky are different drinks, surely.
                    Bourbon is a whisky made from Rye as opposed to Barley.

Comment

Working...
                    X