• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minimum wage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum wage

Anyone know how the rules relate to people paid a commission only or "piece" workers?

How do Betterware and Avon cosmetics pay people and not have the minimum wage apply?

What if you are paying people to stuff envelopes or deliver leaflets on a per item basis?

What if you wish to pay someone (a person not a company) for telesales work on a commission only basis, not on hours worked?

Fecking New Lie red tape.

It annoys me big time to see some junk catalogues dropped through mail box with notice on it - I will come to collect it in a few days, FFS, its bad enough they spam, but to knock on the door to get the spam back, wtf?

IMO such business "models" should be made illegal and if minimum wage bill (which is good in principle so long as it does not apply to 100% voluntary startup style work where you are the owner and manager and worker all in one) deals with that crap then its good.

Comment

Et tu, DP ?

You are obviously s/e and not an employee DP. Not hard to work out, is it ?

Comment

Minimum wage is bulltulip.

People should fecking pay me to have the honour of working for me.

Anyway how does Betterware pay it's moronic letterbox stuffers without paying min wage for all the time they spend trawling the streets?

Anyone?

Comment

Pigtulip is thinner

People who sell Avon, Kleeneze, Betterware etc. are not employees, they are commissioned agents, so the minimum wage nonsense doesn't apply.
          Why not?

Comment

If you do not have minimum wage then people would prefer to stay on benefits. It is good to be footballer to only drive salary high, but lots of people in this country earn sh1t, and if they don't get minimum then it will lead to all sort of problems.

If you want an answer to your stupid question then just call 0845 125 5000, here are some success stories to motivate you: http://www.betterware.co.uk/successs...language=en-GB

Comment

Brilliant. Im there!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I am surprised that this government hasn’t tried to cut the minimum wage in some way or other. Once they have driven all of the non-lawyer workers down to minimum wage, where are they to go? I suppose it will be to disbar all lawyers that are not inner party members.
                Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                No matter how you try,
                Goodbye cruel Labour,
                Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Basically the average paid must equate to the NMW. It's all the DTI web site.

http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file1167...iece%20work%22

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                    People who sell Avon, Kleeneze, Betterware etc. are not employees, they are commissioned agents, so the minimum wage nonsense doesn't apply.
                    Where is the legal definition of commissioned agents in the min wage legislation?

Comment

Working...
                    X