• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Bank of England will wait until after election to raise interest rates"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Bank of England will wait until after election to raise interest rates"

"The Bank of England will wait until after the general election to raise interest rates as the threat of a resurgent eurozone crisis hangs over the UK economy, according to a leading thinktank.

The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) pushed back its expectation of the first rate rise to June 2015, a month after the nation votes, but said it could be even later. Previously it was expecting the first hike in February."

Bank of England

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    "The Bank of England will wait until after the general election to raise interest rates as the threat of a resurgent eurozone crisis hangs over the UK economy, according to a leading thinktank.

The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) pushed back its expectation of the first rate rise to June 2015, a month after the nation votes, but said it could be even later. Previously it was expecting the first hike in February."

Bank of England
    And they say the Bank Of England is independent of our esteemed politicians !

Comment

I can't see a rate rise before 2020. No bull tulip. We are in a 15 year japan scenario.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I can't see a rate rise before 2020. No bull tulip. We are in a 15 year japan scenario.
        I don't think we are like Japan, the UK has inflation rather than deflation and is in a period of growth.

Not sure it will be as late as 2020 but I'd have been surprised by a rise as early as February.

Those EU problems that they kicked down the road? Well now we're approaching where they kicked them to.

Comment

Working...
        X