• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This burning an Alex Salmond effigy story

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This burning an Alex Salmond effigy story

One of the most disturbing things about living in Scotland over the referendum was the cultish behaviour of the nationalists.

Anti tory hysteria, social media hysteria, contacting the police hysteria.

They should have burned the feckin things.

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    One of the most disturbing things about living in Scotland over the referendum was the cultish behaviour of the nationalists.

Anti tory hysteria, social media hysteria, contacting the police hysteria.

They should have burned the feckin things.
    One person decided it was worth phoning the police over. And all the trouble followed

Comment

Lewes has burnt all sorts including a pope. My choices would have been Ken Clarke or Vince Cable.

PS The real things that is, not effigies.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 6 November 2014, 18:20.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They have been burning effigies in Lewis for years - longer than the SNP has existed, in fact.

And I didn't hear one whimper of complaint from the scots when they burnt an effigy of Gordon Brown a few years back.

And it's nothing to do with being a Tory-based event - they burnt an effigy of David Cameron recently - Alex Salmond is just using this to score political points.
        Last edited by centurian; 7 November 2014, 07:56.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Alex Salmond is just using this to score political points.
          In fairness, he didn't seem to make a big thing of it and joked about being more worried Nessie was being burned.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            In fairness, he didn't seem to make a big thing of it and joked about being more worried Nessie was being burned.
            Really

Originally posted by AlexSalmond
            Mr Salmond responded to the initial tweet by telling BBC Scotland he was "used to insults from Tories in East Sussex".
            Seems to be trying to turn it into a political issue, when these events are non-political. Like I said, they burn effigies of Tories as well.

Comment

Working...
            X