• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear : Cross Australia off the list...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear : Cross Australia off the list...

"Indians have emerged as the fastest-growing group of migrants entering Australia.

They are now the third-largest immigrant group behind the British and New Zealanders.

The Indians bring with them the expertise that Australia's booming economy desperately needs, amid a chronic skills shortage.

Engineers, accountants and health professionals are all making the move as India's reputation for producing a talented workforce continues to grow."

"Trade unions have complained that importing so many foreign workers does not address the root causes of Australia's skills shortage.

Dr Amanda Wise from Macquarie University says recruiting migrants might not be a long-term solution.

"There is some argument from the unions that it's actually a bit of a quick fix, that the government should be investing in Australian residents," Dr Wise explained.

"Should we just be going overseas to import skilled workers which is the cheap way for an employer to do it rather than training and education?" she asked."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/5334878.stm
    Vieze Oude Man

Originally posted by mcquiggd
    Dr Amanda Wise from Macquarie University says recruiting migrants might not be a long-term solution.

"Should we just be going overseas to import skilled workers, which is the cheap way for an employer to do it, rather than training and education?" she asked.
    The question is a no-brainer, except for those with no brains.

Comment

Australia went down hill when it stopped its 'whites only' immigration policy
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        Maybe, I wouldn't know, but it isn't a race issue.

Comment

Naw, cross them off your list when its pakistanis that make up the largest group. Because once that happens you are going to get people detonating left, right and centre for no good reason

Mailman

Comment

Judging by the quality of the (white) Australians I meet in London, who are supposed to be the cream of the crop, that is patently untrue.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indian people are (generally) hard working, educated and aspire to wealth and don't blow themselves up. I think it's good Australia is taking them.

There'll be some cracking curry houses there too.

Comment

Yeah I can't wait til I move out there, assuming there's still a need for IT skills in a few years time! Mmmmm curry would be good.

There are a number of Indians here at the bank, brought in from an Indian consultancy on a long term basis. They're actually really good at what they do and very helpful.

I wouldn't worry about the Pakistani's entering Oz, after all they're typically uneducated and unskilled -- unless of course the Oz MOD needs to use them as self-exploding self-targeting missiles.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  Naw, cross them off your list when its pakistanis that make up the largest group. Because once that happens you are going to get people detonating left, right and centre for no good reason

Mailman
                  Indians can be Hindu or Muslim, in fact India has the second largest population of Muslims in the world after Indonesia... not a lot of people know that!

So if you let 'Indians' in you will de facto let in the self detonating ones, unless your Immigration policies include a eating a bacon sarnie.

Soon as the population grows (& they will out breed the whites) the Hindus will start demanding the right to build their temples ...and of course if you grant this then the mosque buildng requests will follow.

Of course the more you let in , the bigger the clamour will be for 'multi cultualism' and we all know where that leads
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Indians can be Hindu or Muslim, in fact India has the second largest population of Muslims in the world after Indonesia... not a lot of people know that!
                    or Sikh (sp?)
                    Soon as the population grows (& they will out breed the whites) the Hindus will start demanding the right to build their temples ...and of course if you grant this then the mosque buildng requests will follow.
                    I've been to Neesden and it is actually rather grand and something well worth a visit to see the architecture. I would say having some more temples like that around to look at would not in itself be a bad thing, and the bonus is that the Hindu's don't run about blowing tulip up!

Comment

Working...
                    X